Thread: 24/7 Moderation —*for a 24/7 forum!

Reviews

Question 24/7 Moderation —*for a 24/7 forum!

I have often wondered why the mods on EI only work during the day. Recently I have been online during the day and noticed up to 3 mods keeping an eye on proceedings.

Then later in the evening when user traffic rises there are no mods to be seen.

I know Samlad if often hiding in the background —*he was on the ball late last night when I posted a question and he came back with a reply immediately with an answer and also to lock the thread!

Would it not be better to operate a shift system where the forums were being monitored 24/7? There is an issue on the forums tonight that requires an "Admin" to sort out but there is to even a Mod online!
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Petros For This Useful Post:

Ladyvonteese (02-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Petros View Post
    I have often wondered why the mods on EI only work during the day. Recently I have been online during the day and noticed up to 3 mods keeping an eye on proceedings.

Then later in the evening when user traffic rises there are no mods to be seen.

I know Samlad if often hiding in the background —*he was on the ball late last night when I posted a question and he came back with a reply immediately with an answer and also to lock the thread!

Would it not be better to operate a shift system where the forums were being monitored 24/7? There is an issue on the forums tonight that requires an "Admin" to sort out but there is to even a Mod online!
    "This thread has been locked due to the possibility that one of us mods may now have to work through a night shift while everyone else sleeps. Please keep suggestions that involve disturbing our sleep patterns to yourself"

Possible answer from the first mod who spots this thread.
    Last edited by slavetoyou; 02-02-15 at 01:12.

I am the slave of Irish Mistress XXX, a Fetish Queen, A Bossy Bitch Mistress, A Goddess, yes my life is tough, but it is so good.

Webcam and phone chat sessions available

4. The Following User Says Thank You to slavetoyou For This Useful Post:

Petros (02-02-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by slavetoyou View Post
    "This thread has been locked due to the possibility that one of us mods may now have to work through a night shift while everyone else sleeps. Please keep suggestions that involve disturbing our sleep patterns to yourself"
    LOL — well when Tesco decided to open their stores 24 hours a day they had staff in them to look after the business — they didn't leave it to the customers to use the unmanned tills and hope for the best

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Petros For This Useful Post:

slavetoyou (02-02-15)

They probably assume we are all adults here !! Then again.....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Vitruvian For This Useful Post:

Petros (02-02-15)

Reviews

With E-S and the other sites being in a coma for many months its got to have freed up alot of time for the Mods to do other things..

like watching the Golf, the Tennis and Darts
    Last edited by HairyPotter; 02-02-15 at 09:30.

Nicole and I used to work shifts and mod until 2am. Then we realised, "hang on, why should we knacker ourselves out because one or two idiots can't behave themselves? Besides, we can always ban them the following day if they've pushed things too far". Oh, and we also reminded ourselves that yes, you are all supposed to be BIG boys and girls.

We mod mainly during the day because modding is the tip of the iceberg of what we do and there are other things we have to do, and we need the availability of the other departments to do them.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Nicole (02-02-15), willie wacker (02-02-15)

Reviews

Will there be more moderators (even volunteers) needed with this new site.
    It is very good of the volunteer Moderators to give up their time too

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    Will there be more moderators (even volunteers) needed with this new site.
    It is very good of the volunteer Moderators to give up their time too
    The forums will remain the same. The rules will all be exactly the same. The only differences will be that it will be one login for for all the sites and the template of the forums will be changed to compliment the new site.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Chez (02-02-15)