Thread: Sex Trafficking in NI last year

Reviews

Default Sex Trafficking in NI last year

A freedom of information request obtained from the PSNI states that the total number of trafficking cases for prostitution in NI last year was ZERO.

''There are no recorded cases of trafficking for Sexual Exploitation relating to prostitution.''

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...20Response.pdf

So how exactly can Morrow gauge the future success of a law which had no examples in the year it was passed?
    2014 in Northern Ireland:

Number of reported attacks on sex workers 70

Number of sex trafficking cases ZERO

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Davidontour For This Useful Post:

casman (28-01-15), Curvaceous Kate (28-01-15), Empirical (29-01-15), KevinACE (28-01-15), liffey (28-01-15), Melindablondey (28-01-15), Mr Cuddles (28-01-15), Petros (29-01-15), Quietman121 (28-01-15), simon2280 (29-01-15), SteveB (28-01-15), warmcome (29-01-15), willie wacker (28-01-15)

None last year ; none this year.

100% success

or

100% failure

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gobshite View Post
    None last year ; none this year.

100% success

or

100% failure
    They're looking in the wrong places for a start. Raiding brothels or agencies is not likely to be where women are working against their will.

I would think in this day and age they are more isolated than that.

I was told by a client who used to be a lorry driver that they often got a tap at the door where they would park up to sleep during a journey. Usually it was greeted with a 'piss off' as the driver just wanted to sleep, but he heard of one guy who was knocked on and he said no, but she told him to look across the car park at a car that had a man sat in it and she told him that he would not take no for an answer. He let the lady in and they talked for a while and he gave her £20, as he was worried he would get his tyres slashed if he didn't pay her.

This woman was scared and was being forced to work. She wasn't on the street and she wasn't in an apartment. It makes you wonder if the pimps are having to think outside the box to get their money these days, as the other two places are just too obvious and they can't control them any more?

Sadly this tells me that there are still pimps out there and their are sex workers working against their will, but they are much depleted in numbers and are not in the places they are being looked for by the police. I don't know if the lorry driver reported the car reg to the Police of the pimp, or if he was able to see it, but with the new law coming out, I really can't see anyone coming forward to report something like that in the future and help a genuine person in need of help. I find that very sad.
    Last edited by CurvaceousKate; 29-01-15 at 01:06.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Davidontour (29-01-15), Petros (29-01-15), simon2280 (29-01-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidontour View Post
    A freedom of information request obtained from the PSNI states that the total number of trafficking cases for prostitution in NI last year was ZERO.

''There are no recorded cases of trafficking for Sexual Exploitation relating to prostitution.''

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...20Response.pdf

So how exactly can Morrow gauge the future success of a law which had no examples in the year it was passed?
    IMO, the whole human trafficking thing is a very convenient smoke screen.

This is not about safeguarding anyone. This is about being able to get an easy target. Criminalise the punter then the benefits are:
    -not having to protect sex worker from attack
    -god is "happy"
    -they get to force their own religious beliefs on an already oppressed community
    -god is "happy"
    -they get to say they are at the forefront of the battle against human trafficking
    -God is "happy"
    The above post, and many post on e-i, is for humour and myrth and therefore cannot be taken as intelligent or well grammatically/factually engineered.

This man is not clever

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red79 For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (29-01-15), Davidontour (29-01-15)