Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Letter from a Sex Worker to a Wife About Her Cheating Husband

Default A Letter from a Sex Worker to a Wife About Her Cheating Husband

This was published on Vice and some on here may find it an interesting read

Its written by an April Adams (pseudonym of a sex worker living in New York City)

Dear wife,

I don't know you, but I know that it's possible that your husband will cheat on you with a sex worker. I say that because I am one, and I am not short on clients.

But not your husband, you say, not him! Other husbands, sure, but your relationship, your sex life, is different. You had a threesome with your college roommate ten years ago. You get a sitter and head to Vegas every August. You have that special thing with Law and Order marathons. You have a great marriage!

Let me ask you: When was the last time you had sex three times in a week? When was the last time he complained about that? Don't you think that maybe it's possible that he's instead taken the problem out of your hands, which is to say into mine?

The good news is that if your husband is seeing me, it's because he wants to stay married. He is choosing to get some ersatz affection in the least messy way possible. Imagine if instead of me it was the babysitter, your neighbor, your best friend. I could go on, list, but you get the idea.

I'm a professional. I am discreet, but more than that I am discrete: My time, attention, and sexuality are measured in hours, beyond which he is yours. And importantly, I don't love your husband and never will. It's quite unlikely that I feel more than favorite-barista level affection for him.

I will never be a threat to your marriage because when I'm off the clock I don't want anything to do with either of you. I will never go out to dinner with him or call you in the middle of the night or bring up divorce. You won't find out from me. And if you find out from him, he's either stupid or angry with you.

Yes, some clients trip and fall in feelings, but it's a shallow puddle since they know that what we're doing is fake. You don't think your plumber adores toilets, do you?

Men know that my affection for them is conditional on their affection for giving me money. He's not visualizing having The Talk with you and the kids and then running away to my hotel room and lovingly moaning my made-up name. I am outside of life. I'm an employee. As much as he might sexually fixate on me, his emotions will not get deeply invested in what we do together.

If things threaten to get "complicated," as the kids say, on his end, there's a fail-safe: I cost money

In my experience men generally spend only what they can afford on sex. If your husband needs it every two weeks, and can sneak $1,000 out of the monthly household budget, he sees someone who charges what I do. Even if he wants more, he can't pull an extra grand out of thin air. The kind of roller coaster that ends in, "Baby, I have something to tell you," requires acceleration, which requires recklessness.

Whatever he thinks he feels, he'll forget in two weeks like any other craving. If he does liquidate his 401k to buy my time, I hope you soak him in the divorce, because he has no business handling money.

What about disease? Despite what you see in the movies, most sex workers these days are probably healthier and more safety-conscious than your average amorous secretary. Remember what I said about my extremely limited affection for him? That includes his epidemiological profile. And there are also no love-child concerns. The chance of me carrying a work-related baby is roughly 0 percent of Absolutely Not with a standard deviation of You Have Got to Be Kidding Me.

Maybe you still don't want him sleeping with me. I'll ask again: When was the last time you had sex three times in a week?

I'm not saying it's your job to keep him happy. I am saying maybe you don't want to sleep with him that often. You're busy, or stressed out, or he doesn't do it for you anymore. I get it; he almost certainly doesn't do it for me.

That's the point. I am the secret ingredient in a lot of healthy marriages, because when he's seeing me, both of you are getting the amount of sex you want. As long as you leave his cellphone alone, you might make it to your 50th anniversary. You're welcome.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PaddyDaddy For This Useful Post:

Hagane00 (19-01-15), nibb (20-01-15), ocred (19-01-15), Phoenixdays (19-01-15), zoozoozoo (19-01-15)

Reviews

I think it was a man that wrote that, made too much sense to me being a man for a woman to have written it...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Gobshite (19-01-15), WHAT A NAME (19-01-15)

It's very long, it goes on a bit and I nearly fell asleep twice while reading it, Does remind me of some lady on here but I just can't remember

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Young Banger For This Useful Post:

Gobshite (19-01-15)

Quote Originally Posted by Young Banger View Post
    It's very long, it goes on a bit and I nearly fell asleep twice while reading it, Does remind me of some lady on here but I just can't remember
    Too effing long

Reviews

Is there a point to it though?

Send nudes

Blog Entries

You can tell it wasn't written about someone in Ireland. Three times a Week?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Latin chery (20-01-15), SmallHorn (19-01-15), zoozoozoo (19-01-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    You can tell it wasn't written about someone in Ireland. Three times a Week?
    Its been done

Send nudes

marriage is a form of prostitution
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (20-01-15), SteveB (19-01-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    marriage is a form of prostitution
    Good quote.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveB For This Useful Post:

Meursault (19-01-15)

Reviews

like most blogs its not real, its a way for a sex worker to give a viewpoint to those outside the loop to view things differently, the 'hypothetical wife' in this case
    Last edited by funlover12; 19-01-15 at 19:39. Reason: fuck you ye feckin ' editing for that :/

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

Meursault (19-01-15), SmallHorn (19-01-15)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast