Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood tests

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    You can ask your local doctor to have the exact same tests done as they do in the Gum (Sexual health) Clinics, you just need to ask. That's what I do. Only difference is the Gum will give you preliminary results for the obvious one straight away and follow on with the confirmed results which you have to go collect, with the doctor you have to wait.
    I didnt get mine straight away last time, its was 4 days later and received it by text but I went North, all ok thank God.

Your GP can do all the blood tests for STIs. I suggest you bring a urine sample form your first piss of the day - it must be the first piss.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    Hello

I was to go down to the drop in STD clinic at the end of the month but had been feeling very tired lately so my doctor has booked me in for several blood tests which includes cholesterol etc at his surgery next week.
    Are all blood tests the same, I mean if I go for my doctor's ones they will do instead of travelling for the other at the clinic
    Just ask for a full std screening to be done when you get your bloods and they do swabs etc as well
    U can have it done together but you need to ask for std screening its usual like 120e in a clinic, that's what I paid and I had full blood work done also

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Ya he will prob take afew vials of blood for testing and ask him about STD.
    Get him to do a iron test as well for HH
    http://www.haemochromatosis-ir.com/w...romatosis.html
    http://www.haemochromatosis-ir.com/w...-symptoms.html
    If your tired a lot this could be the problem

A very misdiagnosed and un heard of condition effecting many in Ireland, can cause serious liver damage and mis diagnosis included actual been low in iron when In fact your blood basically been destroyed by it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hamish View Post
    I really hate the needle, have fainted once before and now have to lie on the bed, really hate it

Dont forget to fast before bloods, and have a glucose sweet U can pop right in after,

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post
    A very misdiagnosed and un heard of condition effecting many in Ireland, can cause serious liver damage and mis diagnosis included actual been low in iron when In fact your blood basically been destroyed by it
    Esp when he said he was tired and that is a tell tail sign of HH believe me I know all about it
    So hopefully he will read the links and it will give him a better idea if he has an other symptom or not

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Looks like you can get them then Hamish I'm curious about one thing though, does the GP give you Hep B jabs here then? All of the people on this thread have had Hep B jabs I'm sure, so I was just wondering. As far as I know you can only get those at the GUM but if the doc can do them that's interesting.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Reviews

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Otishard View Post
    Your GP can do all the blood tests for STIs. I suggest you bring a urine sample form your first piss of the day - it must be the first piss.
    How exactly does your first pee of the day differ from your second?

Not sure who told you that but I think they were taking the......
    Last edited by fiatpunter; 19-01-15 at 17:45.
    Always check for lipstick or makeup transfer before you leave the apartment

Quote Originally Posted by fiatpunter View Post
    How exactly does your first pee of the day differ form your second?

Not sure who told you that but I think they were taking the......

All the bacteria are undiluted. They usually ask for,that to check for UTIs and kidney infections.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lucy chambers View Post
    Looks like you can get them then Hamish I'm curious about one thing though, does the GP give you Hep B jabs here then? All of the people on this thread have had Hep B jabs I'm sure, so I was just wondering. As far as I know you can only get those at the GUM but if the doc can do them that's interesting.

Yes all gp can give them too you,
    You may need to order them in advance in the odd place but its standard here as all health care workers must have them
    Gum clinics aren't that big here, most screening done by GPs here,

Sure there even groupons for it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

Lucy Chambers (19-01-15)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast