Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Hebdo Magazine 14/01/2015

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    I like this magazine, it is so funny. Just good old satire
    'expensive' satire, though.

Wish I spoke French (especially seeing that I am in France , tomorrow heading to Paris) ... , but I don't.

But even without being proficient in French , some of the cartoons are so self explanatory -- and funny !!

Poking fun at all and sundry.

Best political satire has always been on the fringes of society : in cartoons , in underground comedy clubs , etc.

It is a great tradition , it's a vehicle for social progress , for social critique ; it'd be a crime to allow such voices

to be silenced by brute force. (Usually it'd be govts. and powers that'd be , that try to do so.)

Where would we be if we let bullies shoot without impunity , to silence the rest !?

Imo France did the right thing to allow and to encourage the Magazine to continue ----

Unlike in Turkey ,

where it has been forbidden to publish , to replicate , to even post Charlie anywhere in the country -- print or online.

: Yesterday a magazine was cordoned off and their publication -- which carried the front page of CH -- prevented from

distribution. Makes me worry about the direction that country is taking as well.

Traditionally (eh , in recent eras) , Turkey has been a western ally , aiming to join EU , NATO even .. Is this an about-face ?
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    'expensive' satire, though.
    What would be your suggestion so ?

How to handle such an atrocious crime against not only the cartoonists (and collateral victims) , but an outright attack on

free speech , an attack on human decency , on basic human rights to life ??!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Good man anon great pics and the king around here
    Nice pic !! xx

But don't lay it on so thick ; he might get a big head

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Nice pic !! xx

But don't lay it on so thick ; he might get a big head
    It's ok love, I'm very well rooted to the ground as to who and what I am and what I am capable of and what I am not.
    Anyway, I took it as a jibe which is all good

6. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (15-01-15)

Reviews

How to handle such an atrocious crime against not only the cartoonists (and collateral victims) , but an outright attack on

why does all free speech seem to revolve around dissing Allah?

are their not other areas where freedom is denied?

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    It's ok love, I'm very well rooted to the ground as to who and what I am and what I am capable of and what I am not.
    Anyway, I took it as a jibe which is all good
    Hey hey , ye Irish rubbing off on me after 3+ years lol ! : I think that was my First Ever Jibe !!

A loving one at that xx

Ps. Heard what you're capable of x

You haven't answered my question.

What would be your suggestion as to how to handle terrorists ?

Reviews

You haven't answered my question.

What would be your suggestion as to how to handle terrorists ?
    did i say were doing it all wrong? (i just don't rate an antagonistic publication.)
    the extremists (warped Muslims) want to create division between Muslims and the rest.
    there are already many attacks on Muslims since these attacks. this could cause other
    Muslims to join up and form cells. the satirical cartoons are offensive to many Muslims
    and not just extremists.

awareness, psychology of what/who we are dealing with is paramount.

denying we are afraid is all very well...
    Last edited by warmcome; 15-01-15 at 12:19.

Because they're the only numbskulls (at the moment) who are trying to terrorise the rest of the world into silence , into conformity.

Boko Haram massacred 2000 peaceful people two days ago -- because they believe Western Education is a Sin.

Yesterday they were thwarted by Nigerian forces , from repeating a similar bloody event.

Isis with beheadings and crucifictions in Iraq-Syria , Al-Shabaab in Somalia , Al-Qaeda , Jemaah Islamiyah in Indonesia ...

What do all these groups have in common ? Their stated goal to eradicate all non believers , their commitment

to violence , their continued horror of terror attacks.

Remember the terrorist siege in Mumbai in 2008 , lasting 3 days , killing near 200 (??) ? was carried out by Lashkar-e-Taiba .

How about the not so long ago Westgate Mall attack in Kenya , carried out by Al-Shabaab ?

All this due to .... ?

If their freedom of speech is expressed so , then by all means do limit it !!

If our freedom of speech (and freedom to live as we choose by our standards) is attacked so , then what is your answer ??!

Last edited by Stephanie; 15-01-15 at 12:56.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Vitruvian (15-01-15), warmcome (15-01-15)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast