Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full employment by 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by Young Banger View Post
    its all about statistics, you move people about, cut their dole, get them into education/courses, back to work, self employment etc even if its for a short time.It all looks very good
    Yep, nail on the head!

I was talking to a couple of my mates over Christmas who are on the dole and they told me that they are being forced into community employment schemes this year or their benefits will be cut. Apparently the government will pay them an extra €20 for working 20 hours per week. So the tax payers have to fork out more tax just for the government to falsely bring down the unemployment rates? Also those figures don't even take into account the mass emigration of our graduates, massive brain drain to our economy.

You seriously couldn't make this shit up

Quote Originally Posted by Khujo View Post
    Yep, nail on the head!

I was talking to a couple of my mates over Christmas who are on the dole and they told me that they are being forced into community employment schemes this year or their benefits will be cut. Apparently the government will pay them an extra €20 for working 20 hours per week. So the tax payers have to fork out more tax just for the government to falsely bring down the unemployment rates? Also those figures don't even take into account the mass emigration of our graduates, massive brain drain to our economy.

You seriously couldn't make this shit up
    r u working urself mate?

3. Default

There will be more people in "employment" but they will be in back to work schemes or on minimum wages, or worse. Just look at the UK and the USA where employment is meant to be rising but it is not translating into extra spending power in the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by ronan111 View Post
    There will be more people in "employment" but they will be in back to work schemes or on minimum wages, or worse. Just look at the UK and the USA where employment is meant to be rising but it is not translating into extra spending power in the economy.
    ...which ties in with the RTE prime time report the other night about deflation. The hook was that prices are coming down (?!) and that the more this happens the less people will spend which does not stimulate growth.
    The "Full employment by 2018" is beyond unrealistic and is an insult to the people.

Great if it happens
    We will all Have more money in our back pocket to spend on you know what??

Quote Originally Posted by alverton04 View Post
    r u working urself mate?
    I am

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon Solo View Post
    Great if it happens
    We will all Have more money in our back pocket to spend on you know what??
    More chance of Ireland winning the World Cup that year to be honest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Khujo View Post
    Those clowns that run the country are now claiming that we'll have full employment by 2018

Enda Kenny also mentioned just there on RTE news that employers will have more potential employees at their disposal this year plus unemployment will fall further from the current 10% that it's currently at.

So basically what he's saying is that all long term unemployed will be kicked on the social welfare and into 'work for your dole' schemes like Jobs Bridge, Community Employment, Tús, etc. How's that going to help the economy recover?

Link
    Its a whole load of bullshit. The very fact that they escape or more likely ignore one main economic fact says it all. Its not employment as such that creates business but its peoples discretionary income. The more of this they have than the more they will spend so how the fuck do the gov expect people to spend what they wont have after all these new taxes are brought in?

I would like to take this moment to congratulate 53% of households for being the most cowardly and retarded cunts in existence today. Cowardly because they shit themselves and retarded because they have now ensured that Irish water will remain and have paved the way for future taxes such as universal health insurance. Of course this will all increase peoples discretionary income.

fools,
    Westside.

Reviews

Full employment me arse, for Gov ministers,maybe. Sounds like a smokescreen for something else goin on this week eh, ya recon eh!?

Reviews

thing is 4% unemployment is much better than 0% (I know dafuq right?) so for that reason alone they are talking crap nevermind electioneering crap

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    I did,nt we would , I said we might
    And that,s why I said it would not be because of the gov.
    A lot of businesses fail in the first year or so is they are badly planned also too much red tape aswell by local authories.
    If they got a fairer crack of the whip I lot more might survive.
    The more small businesses around the more cash flow which will help more small business to flourish.

Ya a massage punt sounds a lot better at the moment, so lets help the small business
    nothing of course to do with them jusst being bad business ideas and or badly managed researched

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12