Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Best Sports Memory of 2008

Default these

Rafael Nadal winning Wimbledon in a classic final.
    Bohs winning the League and FAI Cup double.
    The Olympic medals won by our boxers.

Reviews

A toss up between Munster winning the Heineken Cup(what a great bunch of lads always give me a good reason to get tanked up with liquor)but equally the news that athlete Marion Jones had to give back 5 medals 3gold 2 bronze she won in Sydney olympics after steroid abuse after she spent 6months in prison this girl was a basketball player yet 1st time she turned to athletics swept everything before her over 100 & 200 metres- a shocking end.

Reviews

Default You could have gone in the chopper

Quote Originally Posted by ninebythree View Post
    as was i and also at leicester and northampton finals.

would have gone to match against all blacks but kieree threaten to rob my jeep

nbt
    I had to make do with a poxy x5 thanks a lot NBT
    Anyway my favorite sporting moment was when Skip stole the civic and used it to drift around Carew Park magical memories Then we drove down to the disland and shot a snitch drove back to the hill and used the civic as a campfire. Limerick is truly the home of sport
    Last edited by kieree; 18-12-08 at 14:18.
    Drop One Keep One To Glory

I would go for the Olympicss. There was so many great moments there. Usain Bolt dominating the track, Michael Phelps with the swimming and the Irish boxers.

Blog Entries

The final race of the F1 was the most exciting for years & I was chuffed for Lewis Hamilton to win the overall championship. I had gone to Interlagos the year before when he was robbed of it due to a technical fault.

My fav moment of 2008 was watching Man United beat Chelsea in the Champions League final in Moscow. On the way back to Moscow airport we were all singing ' there's only one John Terry' lmao

& Man U could also win the Club World Cup comp in Japan too.... you gotta love em ;-)

Reviews

I have no signature at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by funnights74 View Post
    Firstly i am as much against drugs cheats as anybody, banned for life, all of them, but
    he never tested positive for drugs, despite being tested to death.
    And according to the experts, the amount of drugs needed to run that fast would kill a horse.
    So let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jamaica does not have mandatory drug testing..Drug tests there are scheduled and separated by months..Many believe he was taking drugs in between the tests ad then flush them out of his system before the Olympics hence not proving positive.....Joe Lewis said it is very strange how a guy can go from running 10.3 one year to being the WR holder the next year..many jamaican woman sprinters tested positve after the games as well

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rimmerguy View Post
    Thanks Rimmer, I could watch that all day ;-)

Leah xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Leah View Post
    Thanks Rimmer, I could watch that all day ;-)

Leah xxx
    Eire,oh dear

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast