Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dyslexia.....An eye opener.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post
    enjoy! .........
    the cool thing is theres a written record of what was said when people post here, you dont have the same freedom to hide and twist like in real conversations, which is why proof reading before you post is so 'important' on the net....just like the email you didnt want to send on reflection, once you press send thats it, no going back
    Last edited by funlover12; 13-01-15 at 21:32. Reason: unless you dothis though, still the edit is noted so no such thing as a ninja edit here :(

Blog Entries

I'm more a maths science person

Handy like for when I count up the fifties

3. The Following User Says Thank You to annabel taylor For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (13-01-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    nothing to add
    the written word seems to be a problem for many as what is written can be taken out of context!
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 13-01-15 at 21:32. Reason: its really not that cool, but crack on ya loon :)

Reviews

the written word seems to be a problem for many as what is written can be taken out of context!
    You do know I was just saying I had nothing to add?,I just wanted to mess around with the edit thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    the cool thing is theres a written record of what was said when people post here, you dont have the same freedom to hide and twist like in real conversations, which is why proof reading before you post is so 'important' on the net....just like the email you didnt want to send on reflection, once you press send thats it, no going back
    Now your hurting my head! Didnt you say you were off dancing?
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 13-01-15 at 21:35. Reason: Dont have a clue what your on about!

Reviews

Now your hurting my head! Didnt you say you were off dancing?
    multitasking...
    Last edited by funlover12; 13-01-15 at 21:36. Reason: I have a vag remember

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    You do know I was just saying I had nothing to add?,I just wanted to mess around with the edit thing.
    I wasnt talking about you literally or anyone for that matter, but you are proving my point!
    My comment to you was actually in the edit in reply to your edit, lighten up hun

I think I'm going to start adding in brackets when I'm erious, joking, being sarcastic or just being an idiot everytime I post anything (joking).
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 13-01-15 at 21:41. Reason: Jeez

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    multitasking...
    Can you teach me how?
    Last edited by Naughtynatalie; 13-01-15 at 21:40. Reason: Should I remember?

Blog Entries

Wow! thats harsh that his Dad was so cruel! Very glad to hear that he is doing so well now.

I do know of various different degrees of dyslexia as someone already said it is quite common. Certainly going by the number of people I know who are dyslexic anyway.
    Most of the people I know who are dyslexic are late 30's & upwards so I guess for them it is a case of just getting on with it.

Not sure why you mentioned the spell check to me! (What did I spell wrong?) Although on the occasions when I use it I always assume its the first answer on the list that's correct But then I'm just an ass & not dyslexic. Also I see so much bad spelling & grammar on social media & forums from loads of people that arent dyslexic, just lazy. x
    The spell check wasn't referring to you lol. It was just another thing that some people assume dyslexic people can use to put their spelling right, but it doesn't work like that, as it's about letter recognition.

There are tell tale signs that show the difference. My spelling gets bad when I'm tired and sometimes I write a totally different word to the one that was in my head, which baffles me when I read something back. Words that have similar sounds but different spellings are one example, so sun and son. Spelling the wrong type is not a sign of dyslexia as much as a sign of just not knowing or like me, not paying attention when tired.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Reviews

I wasnt talking about you literally or anyone for that matter, but you are proving my point!
    My comment to you was actually in the edit in reply to your edit, lighten up hun

I think I'm going to start adding in brackets when I'm joking or being sarcastic or just being an idiot everytime I post anything (joking).
    Now my head hurts
    Back on topic everyone.
    Last edited by xagerate; 13-01-15 at 21:43.

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast