Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hagglers

Quote Originally Posted by slavetoyou View Post
    Phone has to ring to get hagglers.

Attachment 106783
    Lol x it does -- the phone I mean , rings !

And email and PM ; I'm not even in the country yet , and I'm booked for the first week

That's the way to do it x

No haggling
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

slavetoyou (12-01-15)

Quote Originally Posted by westie View Post
    I dont agree with haggling but the fact that you pay your bills in Sterling is nothing to do with them. You trade in a country that uses Euros and that is how things are priced the Sterling rate is irrelevant.
    Hm.

So here's an interesting angle :

If the exchange rate is so unfavorable , why should the UK girls come to ROI , unless they raise their rates !?

Why should they take a pay cut on their rate after exchanging euros to sterling !??

The only way I'd see it still worth for them to come South is if they'd raise their euro rates !!

I hope a few of them will be ballsy enough to do so . It's all about self respect and self worth. Hope they have it xx

There are some very popular UK girls on this site , with a very loyal following. I am convinced their fan base

would not diminish for adjusting their rates to today's reality. xx
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Reviews

Oh look, a price thread in disguise.

Hagglers are a part of the business, nobody likes them but they ain't going to go away. Hope you feel better getting it off your chest.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (12-01-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I see a very simple solution to this :

Adjust rates according to fluctuations in exchange rates (not daily , obviously ; but when warranted)

And if someone tries to haggle , a simple firm no (kindly said) will take care of the rest.

Jeez. How come I never have problems with hagglers !??!

And voila , no reason to moan xx
    We've already discussed this Stephanie, it's because you work from the same City all of the time, so you are less of a target.

I am happy to keep to the rate that I use in Ireland, as it is sometimes much better than sterling and some times low as it is at the moment. In the end it balances out and I have a good regular base that I value, so don't want to muck them about with chopping and changing and believe me the rate fluctuates on a daily basis.

I do however hope that clients in the Republic are aware that the rates do fluctuate and at the moment it is particularly low in comparison to sterling, so just to be more considerate.

Thank you for your input though, as it is valued

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

tom rambo (12-01-15)

Reviews

The exchange rates should have nothing to do with it. To say you can't lower your rates anymore implies if they were favourable you would.
    The big problem is obviously ladies do entertain them which is the big issue, not exchange rates.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (12-01-15)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Ps. I would never work at a 90£ to 78£ pay-cut in the first place !! (Well , I wouldn't entertain for 90£ to start with....)

That's just silly : you still have the same bills to pay , and I know how tight your budget is !

But even on principle ! Offering same quality service from one day to next , why should you take a pay cut ??

Just because of global economics !? Your life exists on the here and now , not on price of oil a barrel , Wall Street , etc.

Be smart , be pragmatic -- believe you're worth it !
    The rate I charge has nothing to do with self worth, it's to do with consistency. I don't have the time or the inclination to move my rates inline with inflation, as it happens so frequently and it does tend to balance out eventually.

You know how tight my budget is? Is that not a bit personal for the open forum?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    The exchange rates should have nothing to do with it. To say you can't lower your rates anymore implies if they were favourable you would.
    The big problem is obviously ladies do entertain them which is the big issue, not exchange rates.
    No what it means it's cheeky enough as it is, but taking in regard the exchange rate as well, it's bloody ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by anon361 View Post
    Oh look, a price thread in disguise.

Hagglers are a part of the business, nobody likes them but they ain't going to go away. Hope you feel better getting it off your chest.
    Think she makes 2 points. One is there are people that haggle irrespective of rates. Two is that exchange rate fluctuations can have
    A significant impact on the bottom line - of any business. Maybe Kate should charge a 'blended' rate that factors this in and smooths out thevpeaks and troughs. Lots of businesses do this, and over a year it should break even.
    Not all price threads are a a waste of space though a lot are.
    Last edited by Xman69; 12-01-15 at 11:22.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Xman69 For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (12-01-15)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    No what it means it's cheeky enough as it is, but taking in regard the exchange rate as well, it's bloody ridiculous!
    Don't get me wrong, I know exactly where you are coming from and sympathise but as far as haggling goes it's irrelevant, only cheap ass bums do it and chances are they haven't a notion about exchange rates. Most people don't unless they go to buy some sterling and say to themselves, gee, I got more last year..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to anon361 For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (12-01-15)

Reviews

the rate worked for us for a long time, so fair is fair. Remember the ques into Newry and Derry when sterling was weak. No one in South was complaing.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast