Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No, Independent, that's not what the cops are looking for

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by naturis View Post
    he/she keeps refering to her as a prostitute like shes not human or something funny you think we are finally caught up to the rest of europe and the 21st century gay rights etc but we are still a backwater shithole
    We will always be a backwater shitehole
    I can not for the like of me understand my they have to keep calling her a prostitute when she is a woman
    Her profession should not come into this equation, sad really.

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    We will always be a backwater shitehole
    I can not for the like of me understand my they have to keep calling her a prostitute when she is a woman
    Her profession should not come into this equation, sad really.
    is their someone you can complain too thats ridiculous thats like the 1950s and calling someone a nigger/gook etc and making no reference to them as a person its really not on in this day and age something really has to change there

3. The Following User Says Thank You to naturis For This Useful Post:

joggon (28-12-14)

Reviews

To be fair , the article does conclude that because she worked in a private flat , she had no protection .... very true and a statement that goes to the heart of the tragic story - the routine lack of protection for women in prostitution which of course will be a further issue whne criminalistaion goes into force.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to milkman For This Useful Post:

Banger (28-12-14), joggon (28-12-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    To be fair , the article does conclude that because she worked in a private flat , she had no protection .... very true and a statement that goes to the heart of the tragic story - the routine lack of protection for women in prostitution which of course will be a further issue whne criminalistaion goes into force.
    I agree with Milkmans comment.

The article emphasised how dangerous it can be for sex workers, especially if they have no choice but to work alone (if they were to abide by the ridiculous legislation that exists).

I dont think the article dehumanised the poor woman. In fact it highlighted the heartbreaking fact that she was her parents only child. I'd hardly be outraged simply because they referred to her as a prostitute.

Reviews

actually it is a bit odd that they called her a prostitute, How would they know? anytime a woman is found dead I dont think they say what she did for a living, "brenda o' flatherty was found dead this morning, gardai believe she worked in bread factory from Monday to friday and the odd weekend sometimes for the overtime" kinda strange when you think of it like that, so much for witness confidentiality

Reviews

Its not offensive
    Its factual and blunt...best way if new breaks in the case are being sought.
    People might remember bits of information (a person,a place,a time etc)if they can relate it to the story of the muder they heard about 20 years ago.If they dress up the story to cloud some facts then its just as likely to be cast aside in peoples minds as "just another murder".
    Last edited by xagerate; 29-12-14 at 00:09.

Having recently lost the run of myself.....
    ....please indicate your level of satisfaction with this post as you exit.
    (All feedback is anonymous and used to improve your experience here)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    actually it is a bit odd that they called her a prostitute, How would they know? anytime a woman is found dead I dont think they say what she did for a living, "brenda o' flatherty was found dead this morning, gardai believe she worked in bread factory from Monday to friday and the odd weekend sometimes for the overtime" kinda strange when you think of it like that, so much for witness confidentiality
    If a cab driver (for example) is murdered while he's doing his job it wouldn't be strange if the newspaper referred to him by his profession when reporting the case.

It helps the investigation by stating her profession, it's very sad nobody has been braught to justice for this terrible crime.
    Who loves ya baby......!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12