Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Homeless .. at XMas time xx watch !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by red4ever View Post
    You have a point but honestly not enough is being done to help these people, they don't seem to matter
    I'm reliably told that there are more homeless on the streets of Dublin this year than in years. We're meant to getting over the recession (so we're told by the media and the government) but the reliability is very different.

The scariest thing is that people are buying more and more believing that the recession has done it's worse and it's going to turn around and bite them in the bum, as it's a long way from being over yet. 2015 will see even more homeless if the government doesn't stop telling porkies and get people to be more careful with their money.
    Last edited by CurvaceousKate; 26-12-14 at 16:22.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by red4ever View Post
    Most Homeless people are seen as no-bodies, drunks and drug addicts to the Government.
    With the new taxes and cuts on their way there will be alot more people homeless through no fault of their own, it's all so wrong
    I think that attitude will change, as more and more people will know someone who is homeless through very little fault of their own. There are so many repossessions, houses being left derelict or auctioned off for a pittance, because the person lost their job or had to accept a wage cut.

I really love the storage hunters programme, but that also reflects the current times, where people are losing their prized possessions, because they couldn't afford the payments on their storage and someone else is reaping the benefits. Everyone of those storage units represents another persons broken financial life. Who knows what is happening in their life? I doubt it is a happy ending though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast