Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Stop telling people your real name!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,660
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Stop telling people your real name!!!

    Sorry lads, but will you please stop telling people your real name!!!

    The number of complaints I am getting these days about real names possibly having been posted is ridiculous.

    I don't mean to criticise anyone in particular.

    But every morning the last few weeks I seem to have a least 3 separate name posting complaints in my inbox.

    You guys probably don't even notice because it is all "X posted my name backwards", "Y wrote a poem that contains my first name", "I'm arguing with Z and now he keeps talking about a celebrity with the same first name as me to try to expose my name".

    Seriously lads, I am getting pissed off, I have better things to do with my life than waste hours every day searching through threads for anagrams of people's first names etc.

    And it is also quite obvious to me that, in 99% of cases, the people whose names are being posted are winding up the name posters.

    Really I've had it with this bullshit.

    Why do you guys tell all your enemies your real names? If you just kept your mouth shut and used an alias as you should this would never be a problem for anyone.

    And don't play the victim to me when you spend all day winding people up then they come back with an anagram of your first name.

    Pat x

    P.S. This is not directed at QPH at all. I realise there was an incident yesterday where his name was posted numerous times along with horrible nasty stuff. These incidents will always be taken seriously. What I am losing patience with is people winding others up and then complaining their names are posted in some way, when really it is just a silly argument between two people and if you don't want your first name posted on this site in any way what you need to do is stop telling people your real first name and then spending your days winding people up. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,797

    Thumbs up Telling your real name u can escape being caught.......

    I heard off one of my guys,client escaped being caught with an escor,when some place was rided week ago or so....

    They told garday that girl in particular and guy are bf and girlfriend.

    Gardai asked,if he s your boyfriend,than what s his name?

    Girl was able to name him,as he gave her the real one while visiting,so they escaped trouble......
    I m still lurking sometimes ;-)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    somewhere along bus route 46A
    Posts
    1,555
    Reviews
    4

    Default

    Also to be noted are the fools who give out their mobile numbers , which i have seen a few times
    I have no signature at the moment

  4. #4

    Default A band aid approach

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Sorry lads, but will you please stop telling people your real name!!!

    The number of complaints I am getting these days about real names possibly having been posted is ridiculous.

    I don't mean to criticise anyone in particular.

    But every morning the last few weeks I seem to have a least 3 separate name posting complaints in my inbox.

    You guys probably don't even notice because it is all "X posted my name backwards", "Y wrote a poem that contains my first name", "I'm arguing with Z and now he keeps talking about a celebrity with the same first name as me to try to expose my name".

    Seriously lads, I am getting pissed off, I have better things to do with my life than waste hours every day searching through threads for anagrams of people's first names etc.

    And it is also quite obvious to me that, in 99% of cases, the people whose names are being posted are winding up the name posters.

    Really I've had it with this bullshit.

    Why do you guys tell all your enemies your real names? If you just kept your mouth shut and used an alias as you should this would never be a problem for anyone.

    And don't play the victim to me when you spend all day winding people up then they come back with an anagram of your first name.

    Pat x

    P.S. This is not directed at QPH at all. I realise there was an incident yesterday where his name was posted numerous times along with horrible nasty stuff. These incidents will always be taken seriously. What I am losing patience with is people winding others up and then complaining their names are posted in some way, when really it is just a silly argument between two people and if you don't want your first name posted on this site in any way what you need to do is stop telling people your real first name and then spending your days winding people up. Thank you.
    ppl by their very nature get friendly and some by their very nature fall out too.What is needed is a system in place where someones ip is banned.An ip not a usename.A perminant ip ban is whats needed.

    While i understand what your saying and it should work in theory ,it wont.Its like asking ppl to stop driving to stop road deaths.

    Prevent obesity,dont eat,
    Westside.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,660
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deafboy View Post
    What is needed is a system in place where someones ip is banned.An ip not a usename.A perminant ip ban is whats needed.
    It is not that easy. With some ISPs a persons IP changes every time they log on. With most it changes every few weeks or months. It is very unusal for someone to have a fixed IP that never changes. It is all very well when someone comes on from India as I can ban their IP range and the worst case is that their entire village will be banned, but I can't ban IP ranges in Ireland only specific IPs, which change like I said.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    It is not that easy. With some ISPs a persons IP changes every time they log on. With most it changes every few weeks or months. It is very unusal for someone to have a fixed IP that never changes. It is all very well when someone comes on from India as I can ban their IP range and the worst case is that their entire village will be banned, but I can't ban IP ranges in Ireland only specific IPs, which change like I said.
    Its easy to get around IPís so its not the entire solution but what about when someone is banned but comes on the next minute and carries on. It goes something like thisÖ..

    User abc gets banned

    User xyx is back and either because of the content or they even tell everyone they are the same person they still are not banned and I think for giving personal details they should be pursued but I do agree that you or any mod should not have to scour every post for stupid stuff.

    So as the purpose of banning for certain time periods is to force an improvement in behavior then if back five minutes later as another and its plain to see its them then for serious offences they should be perused as even if the second user was not the original user they are still continuing the rubbish.

    Anna gave a very good example of how passing a name to each other even if made up could avoid real trouble as I donít think telling them the clients name is zanadu500 will wash in court. I had not thought of that and that simple mistake could lead to a prosecution.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Dublin Fair City
    Posts
    8,660
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quarterpoundher View Post
    Anna gave a very good example of how passing a name to each other even if made up could avoid real trouble as I donít think telling them the clients name is zanadu500 will wash in court. I had not thought of that and that simple mistake could lead to a prosecution.
    Sorry, I'm only half here today as I'm overseeing the new tours system, which should be going live later this weekend all fingers and toes crossed and god willing, but I just have to say at this point - Paying for sex is not a crime.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Sorry, I'm only half here today as I'm overseeing the new tours system, which should be going live later this weekend all fingers and toes crossed and god willing, but I just have to say at this point - Paying for sex is not a crime.
    Paying for sex is not a crime here.....yet..... But if guy get catched and police ask questions and u need to give evidence etc,than it can be a trouble from wife.......
    I m still lurking sometimes ;-)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by annasavicha View Post
    I heard off one of my guys,client escaped being caught with an escor,when some place was rided week ago or so....

    They told garday that girl in particular and guy are bf and girlfriend.

    Gardai asked,if he s your boyfriend,than what s his name?

    Girl was able to name him,as he gave her the real one while visiting,so they escaped trouble......
    Not sure if I quite buy that story. If I had been the old bill doing the raid and the punter had claimed to be the bf, I would have asked him:

    a) the woman's real name
    b) her age
    c) her nationality
    d) place of birth/domicile
    e) how they had met
    f) her favourite drink/brand of smokes

    I would have asked the lady similar questions about the guy......basically the sort of things that a bf and gf should know about each other if they have been going out for a while. Even if you picked up a woman at a club and spent the night with her, you would probably know more about her from a few hours conversation then you would know about an escort you had only just met.

    Anyway, I can't stay here yapping, time to go out on the beat. Evening all.

    P.S. My advise, if you are an escort and this happens to you, and the nice guard asks you what you are able to tell him about your man.....look him/her straight in the eye and tell them that you know the size of his ding-a-ling.
    Last edited by carlos marvado; 13-12-08 at 19:28.

  10. Default Admit it Carlos

    Carlos admit it, your really inspector Clouseau.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •