Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Criminalising punters: Talk on Radio

  1. Default Criminalising punters: Talk on Radio

    Given the law change which will make it a criminal offence to buy sex I'm going to interview a few of the escorts from this site and other for a radio programme.

    I'm also interested in talking to escort's clients.

    Are you willing to express how you feel about the new laws, and what you will do once they are enacted? I'd really like to include your voices.

    You can message me if you are willing to talk.

    Of course I will protect the anonymity of those who are willing to contribute if they want.

    Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Andy
    I'm a BBC journalist, interested in reporting on issues affecting the sex-industry. Twitter @andybutshorter

  2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BBCAndy For This Useful Post:

    Catriona (11-12-14), Empirical (11-12-14), Larrii (12-12-14), Mr Cuddles (11-12-14), Petros (11-12-14), samlad (11-12-14), Escort AdvertiserSexy Sandy 69 (11-12-14), SmallHorn (11-12-14), vc1912sm (11-12-14), Yummyasslicker (12-12-14)

  3. #2

    Default

    Thanks for your efforts Andy it's much appreciated

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to vc1912sm For This Useful Post:

    Mr Cuddles (11-12-14)

  5. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Is this what journalism has become?

    Honestly what opinion do you expect from escorts and their clients? They obviously think the law is wrong, and will also argue the sex business is great for them and their clients.

    You may as well try interview the people pushing for the law to be introduced, and get the exact opposite but equally predictable answers.

    If you're a journalist, why not come up with something creative? Write about your own experiences? If you don't have any experience, maybe you should stick to what you know. Also you could ask the general public, go out with a public survey and ask people of all ages, sex, religion.

    How lazy has journalism become. FFS

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,424
    Reviews
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curious k View Post
    Is this what journalism has become?

    Honestly what opinion do you expect from escorts and their clients? They obviously think the law is wrong, and will also argue the sex business is great for them and their clients.

    You may as well try interview the people pushing for the law to be introduced, and get the exact opposite but equally predictable answers.

    If you're a journalist, why not come up with something creative? Write about your own experiences? If you don't have any experience, maybe you should stick to what you know. Also you could ask the general public, go out with a public survey and ask people of all ages, sex, religion.

    How lazy has journalism become. FFS
    I get your point, but he is looking for the clients view, what they will do when laws are introduced.
    The general public wont be able to answer those questions.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    31,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curious k View Post
    Is this what journalism has become?

    Honestly what opinion do you expect from escorts and their clients? They obviously think the law is wrong, and will also argue the sex business is great for them and their clients.

    You may as well try interview the people pushing for the law to be introduced, and get the exact opposite but equally predictable answers.

    If you're a journalist, why not come up with something creative? Write about your own experiences? If you don't have any experience, maybe you should stick to what you know. Also you could ask the general public, go out with a public survey and ask people of all ages, sex, religion.

    How lazy has journalism become. FFS
    Well, nobody else is doing anything about it, and the few that do get hushed or pushed aside, so fair play to Andy from the BBC.

  8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

    Catriona (11-12-14), circumcised guy (11-12-14), Empirical (11-12-14), feargal (11-12-14), Escort AdvertiserFetishCherry (12-12-14), gameboy (12-12-14), Mr Cuddles (11-12-14), Nicole (11-12-14), NoBrain2 (11-12-14), Petros (11-12-14), Escort AdvertiserSexy Sandy 69 (11-12-14), SmallHorn (11-12-14), The Equalizer (13-12-14), the traveller (11-12-14), Yummyasslicker (12-12-14)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Well, nobody else is doing anything about it, and the few that do get hushed or pushed aside, so fair play to Andy from the BBC.
    That's kinda my point Sam. I believe his article will surely suffer the same fate as the formers. Why? Because it's bias, and bias articles don't hold any substance.

    The people looking for the law to be passed are speaking also from a very biased viewpoint, and I fully disagree with them. Now counteracting/tackling that in the same tunnel visioned way, is surely something doomed for failure.

    What I suggested is the only unbiased viewpoint available to both sides of the argument, agreed? I honestly believe that. Why should the public not be involved. I'm sure most of the general public would agree a man visiting a genuine escort isn't a crime, so why not utilise it? Surely that's how a journalist should operate.

    IMO, it's just going around in circles.

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    31,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curious k View Post
    That's kinda my point Sam. I believe his article will surely suffer the same fate as the formers. Why? Because it's bias, and bias articles don't hold any substance.

    The people looking for the law to be passed are speaking also from a very biased viewpoint, and I fully disagree with them. Now counteracting/tackling that in the same tunnel visioned way, is surely something doomed for failure.

    What I suggested is the only unbiased viewpoint available to both sides of the argument, agreed? I honestly believe that. Why should the public not be involved. I'm sure most of the general public would agree a man visiting a genuine escort isn't a crime, so why not utilise it? Surely that's how a journalist should operate.

    IMO, it's just going around in circles.
    Okay, then we shall assume that you won't be taking part.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

    Escort AdvertiserFetishCherry (12-12-14)

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lost in space
    Posts
    4,063
    Reviews
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curious k View Post
    That's kinda my point Sam. I believe his article will surely suffer the same fate as the formers. Why? Because it's bias, and bias articles don't hold any substance.

    The people looking for the law to be passed are speaking also from a very biased viewpoint, and I fully disagree with them. Now counteracting/tackling that in the same tunnel visioned way, is surely something doomed for failure.

    What I suggested is the only unbiased viewpoint available to both sides of the argument, agreed? I honestly believe that. Why should the public not be involved. I'm sure most of the general public would agree a man visiting a genuine escort isn't a crime, so why not utilise it? Surely that's how a journalist should operate.

    IMO, it's just going around in circles.
    Come again?

    Surely if it adds to the chorus then it is to be welcomed rather than scorned? You also can't presume that the opinions and reasoning of both punters and escorts is tacitly understood by Joe Public, that's not how it works. Your argument for creative journalism may well be something separate unless you are familiar with this journalist's work, otherwise you're making presumptions regarding the context these interviews will be presented in.

    But yes, maybe interviews from the general public should also be included to balance it.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

    Yummyasslicker (12-12-14)

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curious k View Post
    Is this what journalism has become?

    Honestly what opinion do you expect from escorts and their clients? They obviously think the law is wrong, and will also argue the sex business is great for them and their clients.

    You may as well try interview the people pushing for the law to be introduced, and get the exact opposite but equally predictable answers.

    If you're a journalist, why not come up with something creative? Write about your own experiences? If you don't have any experience, maybe you should stick to what you know. Also you could ask the general public, go out with a public survey and ask people of all ages, sex, religion.

    How lazy has journalism become. FFS

    Creative, as in turn up as a client to interview the escort? Or creative as pretend to be an escort and entrap clients? How far would you like this creative to go? Nonsense. Much better the gentleman asks politely for willing people. Or victims. Stop being so defensive it smacks of hysteria.


    @Andy. I would be happy to have a chat, via email. Drop me a message and I can supply my email address.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

    Escort AdvertiserFetishCherry (12-12-14), Yummyasslicker (12-12-14)

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Look behind you
    Posts
    16,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Okay, then we shall assume that you won't be taking part.

    Pray he isn't.
    If life gives you lemons ask for Tequila

    Only sad bastards seek gratification from signatures

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucy Chambers For This Useful Post:

    Escort AdvertiserFetishCherry (12-12-14), samlad (11-12-14)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •