Thread: Facebook ads and new T&C's as of 1st Jan 2015

Reviews

Default Facebook ads and new T&C's as of 1st Jan 2015

I'm sure your aware that there will updates to Facebook on 1st Jan, including allowing them to look at your Web history and cookies.
    I'm worried that the ads on Facebook will be mainly decated by visiting EI,I'm thinking of uninstall Facebook from my phone as it's also signed in.

Anyone else worried.
    Last edited by shyguyshyguy12; 03-12-14 at 02:21.
    Hello

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shyguyshyguy12 For This Useful Post:

talkabout (03-12-14)

Reviews

Im not on facebook (Just me and one other guy in papa new guinea left I think )
    But they completely take the piss with the little additions they keep making to their T&C,s.
    All minor steps ,all cloaked in as much secrecy as they can manage to contain...and all aimed at eroding privacy and edging their way further towards making your info available for others to target ads at you.

Its a conspiracy I tell ya (And I feel about 60 writing this but......has to be said)

Last edited by xagerate; 03-12-14 at 02:27.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (03-12-14), nibb (03-12-14), shyguyshyguy12 (03-12-14), talkabout (03-12-14)

Reviews

Facebook is not to be trusted as it is! I think it'll be getting deleted again soon. All u want it to do is post what u type and let u see what friends type!
    The above post, and many post on e-i, is for humour and myrth and therefore cannot be taken as intelligent or well grammatically/factually engineered.

This man is not clever

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Red79 For This Useful Post:

shyguyshyguy12 (03-12-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Red79 View Post
    Facebook is not to be trusted as it is! I think it'll be getting deleted again soon. All u want it to do is post what u type and let u see what friends type!
    That's how it started off.
    Lure in the prey,get them addicted...and then bring in Sheryl Sandberg who turned around googles fortunes to do the same with Facebook.

"After joining the company, Sandberg quickly began trying to figure out how to make Facebook profitable. Before she joined, the company was "primarily interested in building a really cool site; profits, they assumed, would follow."[2] By late spring, Facebook's leadership had agreed to rely on advertising, "with the ads discreetly presented"; by 2010, Facebook became profitable"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheryl_Sandberg

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    Im not on facebook (Just me and one other guy in papa new guinea left I think )
    But they completely take the piss with the little additions they keep making to their T&C,s.
    All minor steps ,all cloaked in as much secrecy as they can manage to contain...and all aimed at eroding privacy and edging their way further towards making your info available for others to target ads at you.

Its a conspiracy I tell ya (And I feel about 60 writing this but......has to be said)

I'm not on facebook either and have no desire to be.

Don't trust Google too much either with privacy or nformation.

Reviews

I'm not on Facebook and never will be, too me it seems like a platform for lost souls and from January there for the taking, everyone else knows more about yourself than you do!!!!!