Thread: Sex Work, the Swedish Model and the Pontius Pilates.

1. Default Sex Work, the Swedish Model and the Pontius Pilates.

Does criminalising the purchase of sexual services lead to an increased crime rate against sex workers?

And can the proponents of such laws advocate them with a clear conscience?

http://anna-human-trafficking-irelan...ntius-pilates/

I seem to recall reading somewhere, and please correct me if I am wrong, that criminalizing the purchase of sex not only increased violence against sex worker but also increase sex offense/harassment/aggression and rape against others people as well, mainly women.
    Since the authorities are kind of reluctant to do and publish any report on the subject,(it would certainly add another nail to their coffin). It is near impossible to know for sure.
    But police reports in countries where prostitution laws were loosen up show that the amount of sexual assaults in general went down significantly.

So it could be said that all those idiots in government are on a crusade to "protect" sex workers against their will while putting at risk and ignoring another segment of the population who wants to be protected.

I'd say nice going on this one!
    It must be democracy at work!

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphHenry View Post
    Does criminalising the purchase of sexual services lead to an increased crime rate against sex workers?

And can the proponents of such laws advocate them with a clear conscience?

http://anna-human-trafficking-irelan...ntius-pilates/

Reviews

The Swedish model--tall,blonde,beautiful,wearing a police uniform and coming for you soon(or maybe it's all just role play).

4. Default

Catriona's thread: Conclusion of Meeting with Minister, reveals more about Fitzgerald's attitude.