Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Racism in jokes.

Default Racism in jokes.

Firstly I should point out that I'm not racist. I try not to judge people anytime, but to actually judge a person based on skin colour, race, religion, geography, ect, is obviously disgusting. Ok we all agree on that.

Jokes? Being Irish we are the punch line to many of wonderful jokes, and personally I think they're funny and never feel offended by them. Do others feel the same?

For instance I heard a friend tell a funny black joke recently, and it wasn't recieved well. Now if Eddie Murphy or Chris Rock told the same joke, everyone would laugh. Agreed?

So where do we stand on jokes that involve all sorts of race punch lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious k View Post
    Firstly I should point out that I'm not racist. I try not to judge people anytime, but to actually judge a person based on skin colour, race, religion, geography, ect, is obviously disgusting. Ok we all agree on that.

Jokes? Being Irish we are the punch line to many of wonderful jokes, and personally I think they're funny and never feel offended by them. Do others feel the same?

For instance I heard a friend tell a funny black joke recently, and it wasn't recieved well. Now if Eddie Murphy or Chris Rock told the same joke, everyone would laugh. Agreed?

I think the answer lies in your own statement.

The thing about jokes is that they are at somebody's expense. So it is normal, that not everybody feels amused by them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 10inchesandcounting For This Useful Post:

Curious k (21-11-14)

Reviews

Firstly I should point out that I'm not racist.
    Yeah,thing is though,that's what racist people say and believe.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bettercallsaul For This Useful Post:

funlover12 (21-11-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    I waswaiting for the but too

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Did ye hear about the Cavan mans whose wife had a temperature of 105.

He put her in the cellar to heat the house.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WatWatWat For This Useful Post:

Curious k (21-11-14)

I think it all comes down to the context and the intent being given, whether its racist or not

Reviews

Did you hear the one about the Kerryman--------;

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    That's a very strange logic you've used. So me using the same juxtaposition, do I presume the people who say they're racist, are in fact the opposite?

Using that principle upon yourself, wouldn't that mean you're a prick? I.e. you don't think you're a prick, like all other pricks, while clearly you are a prick. see how I used your ridiculous logic also.

Quote Originally Posted by talkabout View Post
    Did you hear the one about the Kerryman--------;
    No..........?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast