Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Racism in jokes.

i think these days people are too politically correct. It's good to see how Irish people can still laugh at themselves if more people could just understand when a joke is just a joke i think we would all be better off

Quote Originally Posted by Curious k View Post
    Firstly I should point out that I'm not racist. I try not to judge people anytime, but to actually judge a person based on skin colour, race, religion, geography, ect, is obviously disgusting. Ok we all agree on that.

Jokes? Being Irish we are the punch line to many of wonderful jokes, and personally I think they're funny and never feel offended by them. Do others feel the same?

For instance I heard a friend tell a funny black joke recently, and it wasn't recieved well. Now if Eddie Murphy or Chris Rock told the same joke, everyone would laugh. Agreed?

So where do we stand on jokes that involve all sorts of race punch lines.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patty For This Useful Post:

Clueless (21-11-14), Jack Daniels n7 (21-11-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by FatBastard View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with everybody that they need to label everyone into nice neat boxes about everyfuckingthing. If it's not "Am I gay if I touch tips" threads its "Am I a racist if I enjoy a joke at someone elses expense."
    Well welcome to the 21st century (ya fat bastard (joke)) where have you been?
    Last edited by Clueless; 21-11-14 at 21:22.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Curious k View Post
    That's a very strange logic you've used. So me using the same juxtaposition, do I presume the people who say they're racist, are in fact the opposite?

Using that principle upon yourself, wouldn't that mean you're a prick? I.e. you don't think you're a prick, like all other pricks, while clearly you are a prick. see how I used your ridiculous logic also.
    WOW,You really grasped that well,and of course any debate is automatically won by the racist calling the other guy a prick,I could explain but I doubt you would understand

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    Well welcome to the 21st century (ya fat bastard (joke)) where have you been?
    I apologise for this post - I feel uncomfortable to say the least calling anyone such a name - even if it's used in his username!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123