Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating. When sitting around?

Default Eating. When sitting around?

So I've been at home since Thursday as my I've injured some vertebraes on my spine. Anyway I don't usually eat much, in fact very little usually and then a little binge late at night. But since I've been sitting at home, I'm eating loads of food. All day eating, and eating lots.

Anyone else ever get like this? I'm loving the food at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Curious k View Post
    So I've been at home since Thursday as my I've injured some vertebraes on my spine. Anyway I don't usually eat much, in fact very little usually and then a little binge late at night. But since I've been sitting at home, I'm eating loads of food. All day eating, and eating lots.

Yes, all the time, but you should eat smaller amounts more frequently to control your cravings rather than binge. Also, drink more fluids, as people often confuse thirst for hunger. It's been hard, but I started to put a bit of weight on a couple of months ago, so I've controlled my diet and gotten 'used' to feeling slightly hungry. I've also avoided chips, crisps and bread, as these carb based foods really bloat me and have little nutritional value.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Curious k (19-11-14), Irish Siobhan (19-11-14), irishcara (19-11-14), mic1980 (19-11-14)

Reviews

this is probably why, your body is in a state of recovery after the injury and rebuilding itself which needs the right food to do, the most important one is protein (meat) that said dont just eat meat all day long *snigger* you need normal meals too which will include carbs. the body cant burn carbs on its own it needs protein, and it cant fast without eating you muscles (for a source of protein)

on top of all that stress will cause you to eat especially stuff you really like (comfort food) plus gool ol bog standard boredom and being to close to food.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

Curious k (19-11-14)

If you get a craving to eat (or you have just eaten), brush your teeth to signify the end of your meal or to curb the craving.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Curious k (19-11-14)

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    If you get a craving to eat (or you have just eaten), brush your teeth to signify the end of your meal or to curb the craving.
    No Sam I think you misunderstood me. I was just wondering is this common, and do people enjoy it or dislike it. I'm really enjoying it at the moment, because I've never sat around eating loads before, it's very comforting. But it won't be for long. I don't have any weight issues, I guess I may be lucky in that way.

No Sam I think you misunderstood me. I was just wondering is this common, and do people enjoy it or dislike it. I'm really enjoying it at the moment, because I've never sat around eating loads before, it's very comforting. But it won't be for long. I don't have any weight issues, I guess I may be lucky in that way.
    Yes, it's common. You're less active so you get bored, your body craves food. You will probably find that you will start getting weight issues as you eat more and your metabolism slows down, so don't count your chickens just yet! I used to be a beef cake until I started working in an office

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Yes, it's common. You're less active so you get bored, your body craves food. You will probably find that you will start getting weight issues as you eat more and your metabolism slows down, so don't count your chickens just yet! I used to be a beef cake until I started working in an office
    Oh dear lord, I'm definitely turning into a fatty, because when you said beef cake, I thought, burger! I'm gonna get someone to pick me up an Eddie rocket burger. I might as well make the most of it

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curious k For This Useful Post:

Naughtynatalie (19-11-14), tom sand (19-11-14)

Oh dear lord, I'm definitely turning into a fatty, because when you said beef cake, I thought, burger! I'm gonna get someone to pick me up an Eddie rocket burger. I might as well make the most of it

Bollocks, now I want a chicken burger!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Curious k (19-11-14), tom sand (19-11-14)

Reviews

I would tend to eat more than usual if I'm feeling bored. A six pack of Hula Hoops is usually my weapon of choice, but I have also been known to eat very large amounts of fruit ( oranges/ bananas) which isn't good either, at least it leave me feeling quite sick.

But if it helps your body recover and it isn't causing an issue with your health then you should enjoy yourself while your out of action.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Klittyliker For This Useful Post:

Curious k (19-11-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Klittyliker View Post
    I would tend to eat more than usual if I'm feeling bored. A six pack of Hula Hoops is usually my weapon of choice, but I have also been known to eat very large amounts of fruit ( oranges/ bananas) which isn't good either, at least it leave me feeling quite sick.

But if it helps your body recover and it isn't causing an issue with your health then you should enjoy yourself while your out of action.
    Can I eat your banana

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Paradoxenigma For This Useful Post:

thehighwayman (20-11-14)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast