Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans

Reviews

Default Ched Evans

Ched Evans should he be give a second chance to play football after serving he rapist sentence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wom...nd-chance.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tony1 For This Useful Post:

emmasweet (19-11-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
    Ched Evans should he be give a second chance to play football after serving he rapist sentence.
    Hmmm
    Debating whether or not this is a strategic post to invite argument.
    Serving his sentence means he is a rapist who served his sentence...nothing more
    If he is cleared or a miscarriage of justice ever comes to light that would be a different matter.
    Should be banned for life from a sport many youngsters (Unfortunately) look to for role models

He wasn't locked up for stealing a mars bar you know

(Enjoy the shower Sophie )
    Last edited by xagerate; 18-11-14 at 17:30.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

SophieX (18-11-14)

Reviews

He served his sentence so yes he should..Prison and sentencing should be about rehabilation and not just retribution..Too often prison just leads to increased drug use further criminalisation and repeat offending on release.If the sentence has been complied with the crime shouldn't be used as a rod to beat that person's back for the rest of their life.Stigmatisation of released prisoners will just lead to them remaining mired in crime and or drug use with ramifications for wider society-as will excluding these people from employment because their reputation preceeds them.
    B.t.w. I 'm sending this message from my stashed phone in Mountjoy or should that be Limerick prison.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to talkabout For This Useful Post:

Rachel Divine (19-11-14)

Jessica Ennis-Hill certainly doesn't think Ched Evans should be allowed to return to Sheffield United, that's apparent:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/socc...bate-1.2004058

I think everyone should be given a second chance

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slimbo For This Useful Post:

Rachel Divine (19-11-14), SophieX (18-11-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post
    Jessica Ennis-Hill certainly doesn't think Ched Evans should be allowed to return to Sheffield United, that's apparent:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/socc...bate-1.2004058
    Fair play to her
    More idiotic thugs making rape threats against her because of it.
    The problem with soccer is theres too many morons both on and off the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    Fair play to her
    More idiotic thugs making rape threats against her because of it.
    The problem with soccer is theres too many morons both on and off the pitch
    Yup, hence why I'm not a follower. Tribe mentality, just like religion.

Reviews

Keane not signing Robbie Savage in that article you referenced was interesting.Keane has the mentality of a sergeant in the Prussian army -a strict disciplinarian,almost a fanatic nt a voice of reason or moderation.Keane probably wouldn't have signed Ronaldo or Messi even at bargain basement prices if they had looked crooked at him.B.t.w i.m.o. we are all tribal to some extent whether we follow football or not-the difference is only to what degree.
    The decision on the player will ultimately be a commercial not a moral one i.e. will his return harm or help the club financially?

im caught in two minds on this one.

on one hand people mess up and deserve another chance

on the other, such is the gravity of the crime, all in all to send a message to people, if you do this you get in trouble.

i can understand both arguments.

I think it would be better if he went abroad.

i think he had two choices: A) apologize or B) try to get the decision overturned and hes put all his eggs into B

it will be interesting to see how the appeal goes. its not black and white.
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

I'm afraid in my opinion that Chad Evans should not be allowed back , he has never apologised to his victim and has shown very little remorse towards her , her life has been ruined due to his actions.

As a professional person he is not considered a role model for young kids who idolise these professional footballer's ..

It would be very hard to see a man go back and earn 15k a week and his victim live a life in hell. The PFA has never acknowledged the victim in this terrible crime.

He needs to be rehabilitated and counseled , if it was an ordinary person who committed this crime no employer would take him on ..

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DEGEA99 For This Useful Post:

circumcised guy (19-11-14), hotguy (18-11-14), Lucy Chambers (19-11-14), xagerate (18-11-14)

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast