Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I Play it Cool or Tell Her I Really Like Her?

Quote Originally Posted by compak View Post
    Hey ladies and gents,

Looking to get the advice of those more sage than me.

I've been doing the dating scene for a while, but just in the last few weeks met a girl I really like. Far too early to make firm conclusions about anything, I just know I really enjoy being with her and she's the only girl that I've put as a priority over my work in about 5 years.

I know (think!) she is (was) into me. Few dates now, gone really well; lots of fun, laughs, physical contact - no sex but I respect that at this stage.

But now she's gone somewhat aloof and withdrawn - no real eagerness to meet again.

So one part of me thinks she's simply lost interest (it happens), the other is maybe she is afraid of taking that next step and being vulnerable in case she gets hurt (I know she has some bad experiences in past)

So I'm unsure what to do. Is she playing hard to get/ loosing interest - do I play it cool, keep up the banter when opportunity arises and play it distant so don't give off desperation. Or do I take the gamble, sit her down and just come out with I really like her, I really love being with her and I do not want to hurt or take advantage of her.

Any other girl I'd have just let it go by but I just feel I have to try with her.

Any suggestions much appreciated

Thanks
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteNoob (19-11-14), compak (18-11-14), Nicole (18-11-14), SophieX (18-11-14)

Hey ladies and gents,

I've been doing the dating scene for a while, but just in the last few weeks met a girl I really like. Far too early to make firm conclusions about anything, I just know I really enjoy being with her and she's the only girl that I've put as a priority over my work in about 5 years.

I know (think!) she is (was) into me. Few dates now, gone really well; lots of fun, laughs, physical contact - no sex but I respect that at this stage.

But now she's gone somewhat aloof and withdrawn - no real eagerness to meet again.

So one part of me thinks she's simply lost interest (it happens), the other is maybe she is afraid of taking that next step and being vulnerable in case she gets hurt (I know she has some bad experiences in past)

So I'm unsure what to do. Is she playing hard to get/ loosing interest - do I play it cool, keep up the banter when opportunity arises and play it distant so don't give off desperation. Or do I take the gamble, sit her down and just come out with I really like her, I really love being with her and I do not want to hurt or take advantage of her.

Any other girl I'd have just let it go by but I just feel I have to try with her.

Thanks
    You sound like a real sweetheart. It difficult to say what she's thinking because we don't know her or the situation but I think communication and being honest is everything. I think sometimes in life you gotta just be blunt and upfront about things while the opportunity is there so if I were you, I'd ask her out for a meal or something and then just tell her how you feel.

I know the thought of rejection must be really horrible and scary but that's worst case scenario, best case is that she feels the same.

Just tell her what you told us and then let us all know how you get on. I hope it works out for you though.

xx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kendra For This Useful Post:

compak (18-11-14), Melindablondey (18-11-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra View Post
    You sound like a real sweetheart. It difficult to say what she's thinking because we don't know her or the situation but I think communication and being honest is everything. I think sometimes in life you gotta just be blunt and upfront about things while the opportunity is there so if I were you, I'd ask her out for a meal or something and then just tell her how you feel.

I know the thought of rejection must be really horrible and scary but that's worst case scenario, best case is that she feels the same.

Just tell her what you told us and then let us all know how you get on. I hope it works out for you though.

xx
    hi compak
    i agree with what kendra said
    at least you will know one way or another
    and you wont be thinking what if i did this what if i did that
    best of luck
    Last edited by tom sand; 18-11-14 at 16:47.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tom sand For This Useful Post:

compak (18-11-14), Kendra (18-11-14), Melindablondey (18-11-14)

7. Default

Plenty of good advice above on just going for it. You'll def regret it otherwise. The fact ur on here asking shows u care!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dave1984 For This Useful Post:

compak (18-11-14)

Just drop her a text and ask if you did something wrong.

Reviews

If we listened to women more we would know a lot about Coronation Street,Eastenders,Emmerdale and Fair City(which you were in recently)but we still wouldn't be dating experts.In reply to SophieX.
    Last edited by talkabout; 18-11-14 at 17:11.

Reviews

Hey ladies and gents,

Thanks
    think about it yourself,and talk to her,this is not the best place to ask

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tom rambo For This Useful Post:

compak (18-11-14)

Blog Entries

Hey ladies and gents,

Thanks

Did she doing a major make out session touch your cock??

This happened before, it was a through his pants hard nd micro

I never saw him again nd I'm 26 my priority is Mickey not love

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteNoob View Post
    "Hey you dudes that pay women for sex, give me dating advice".

hehe

Lots and lots like lots of lols

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by annabel taylor View Post
    Lots and lots like lots of lols
    Annabel, Compac, This is this woman's normal response so ask her straight out or Just meet her and end it now.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to simon2280 For This Useful Post:

compak (18-11-14)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast