Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: any programmers here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnbadboy View Post
    Very impressed with your very intelligent reply here
    yeah he definitely knows his stuff

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by naturis View Post
    I wish lol I hate the subject I like the web design and databases, going well I might get into them but this I just want to pass it and never see it again
    If only it was that easy. Study the OO, become one with it .

Not sure if you've started PHP yet but if you get seriously into web design it's kind of hard to make anything of value without it. There's other languages and platforms but PHP is the main web related language in most colleges. You'll find the deeper you get into it, the more Object Oriented programming is useful and often the de facto standard. Learning the hows and whys of it while you are studying Java will stand to you with PHP as it's a transferable skill. You'll have a much deeper insight your second time around too. Just my two cents.

Reviews

what in the name of god is the code for this question lol

Create a class EchoTest which contains a method echo that takes a string input
    parameter and returns the string “You said “ concatenated with the input parameter.
    thanks lads and jibberjabber appreciate it I know your sick of seeing this stuff all day christ i'm going mental with it seeing syntax errors all day i'm doing a hdip computer course and struggling on these questions i'm doing static methods with some loops in java programming

heres another horrendous question

Create a class NumberFormatter that includes a method with the
    following header to format an integer with the specified width.

public static String format(int number, int width)

The method returns a string for the number with one or more prefix 0s. The number
    should be greater or equal to 0. The size of the string is the width. For example,
    format(34, 4) returns 0034 and format(34, 5) returns 00034. If the number is longer than
    the width, the method returns the string representation for the number. For example,
    format(34, 1) returns 34.
    Write a test program that prompts the user to enter a number and its width and displays
    a string returned by invoking format(number, width)

if I could get the echo and this I might scrape a pass I did a boolean and and then a 2 counting up methods but I got them I been looking all day in the intro to prgramming book and online like a spa trying to figure it out lol, whats the new scanner library jibberjabber ??

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zoidberg For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (19-11-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    If only it was that easy. Study the OO, become one with it .

Not sure if you've started PHP yet but if you get seriously into web design it's kind of hard to make anything of value without it. There's other languages and platforms but PHP is the main web related language in most colleges. You'll find the deeper you get into it, the more Object Oriented programming is useful and often the de facto standard. Learning the hows and whys of it while you are studying Java will stand to you with PHP as it's a transferable skill. You'll have a much deeper insight your second time around too. Just my two cents.
    i'm not going to be a java rockstar as I saw on a website lol but if you just get by i'm only been doing this for 2 and half months so hopefully it will fall into place trying to get a balance of gym ,home life,part time job and this is tough now doing exams in IEEE Floating point ,logic gates and all this computer essentials stuff and then projects in database ,web design , another java assignment and two exams at end but hope full il stick at it bit motivation with this video

they really should teach this in schools imagine how skilled the kids would be coming out sure its like learning irish but a million times more important

Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    I know sure I had to completely change some parts of the code to understand it because you have to explain a random question you did to the lecturer but it helps to point in the right direction when time is of the essence with exams and stuff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123