Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rolex - Serious Question

Reviews

Well if it's worth 3000 he's going to offer you alot less, he has to go to the trouble of selling it and it could be sitting on his shelf for years. Plus then he'll have to make a profit on it otherwise it's pointless for him. Learnt all that watching pawnstars

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NoBrain2 For This Useful Post:

zoozoozoo (10-11-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by zoozoozoo View Post
    If a jeweller values a ladys rolex watch at 3000 euros how much would you expect them to offer for it ?
    From my experience valuations are from insurance purposes and in reality a similar watch is likely to be purchased for €2000 to €2500.
    I would think it likely an offer of €1000 to €1500 is realistic.

But why not ask the experts. I would bring it to Ken in Dawson jewellers.

Obviously all my opinion, and I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about

If you do want to sell it, a cheap genuine Rolex is surprisingly easily sold.
    Just ask about and perhaps advertise it. eBay?
    Last edited by TonyB; 10-11-14 at 16:03.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

zoozoozoo (10-11-14)

Reviews

Thanks folks for the replies , Its not mine but a relatives and was asked what I thought , last year she was nearly ripped off big time when selling gold coins , I know people have to make a living so expect some kind of mark up when dealers are buying just dont want her to lose out when a little research might save her some money

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
    From my experience valuations are from insurance purposes and in reality a similar watch is likely to be purchased for €2000 to €2500.
    I would think it likely an offer of €1000 to €1500 is realistic.

But why not ask the experts. I would bring it to Ken in Dawson jewellers.

Obviously all my opinion, and I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about

If you do want to sell it, a cheap genuine Rolex is surprisingly easily sold.
    Just ask about and perhaps advertise it. eBay?
    Thanks for the tip ,might also try Weirs where she bought it and still has the receipts

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by piggi View Post
    They would offer a considerably lower amount.

Remember, a valuation is not an offer to buy. Generally a valuation refers to the insurable value of something - i.e what it would cost to replace it.

The second-hand Rolex market is awash with product right now. All sellers and no buyers, thanks to the sterling job our governments have been doing during the past few years.

For the canny trader this is an opportunity to stock-up in anticipation of better times ahead. For the needful seller, not so good.

Obviously a lot depends on the make and model of watch, and the metals used (gold, steel, etc.) - also the attractiveness / condition.

All in all though, I'd guess you'd be lucky to get a grand for it. I hope you get a lot more.

Maybe try a private sale? I will PM you about that.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, mate. I know how tough things are at present.
    Thanks mate also for the PM - I suspect she has a figure in mind which may not be realistic given the current market but I can point her to that site you mentioined

Blog Entries

If a jeweller values a ladys rolex watch at 3000 euros how much would you expect them to offer for it ?
    A jewellers valuation is always higher than the price you would expect to sell it for. A valuation is normally for insurance purposes not a saleable value.

Tiff xxx

" Tiffany Tees "
    Strangers are friends I have yet to meet.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TiffanyTees For This Useful Post:

joggon (11-11-14), zoozoozoo (10-11-14)

Reviews

Thanks for the tip ,might also try Weirs where she bought it and still has the receipts
    Try both as Dawson St is 2 minutes away.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyB For This Useful Post:

zoozoozoo (10-11-14)

Reviews

Id say youd get 1000-1700 for it in a certain las vegas pawn shop depending on how wet behind the ears she is

50% of the valued retail price is probably the best you can hope for in any professional environment!
    If you want more you have to do the foot work and find a private buyer yourself.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 10inchesandcounting For This Useful Post:

zoozoozoo (10-11-14)

Reviews

This thread doesn't sound dodgy at all ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast