Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Insomnia!

Reviews

Hi Natalie,

If booze and drugs aren't your thing for this, and I think you're right, it might sound simplistic but I've often cured insomnia with an orgasm - self induced is fine, with a partner better.

Genuinely not trying to be smart or funny, but that said I'm not truly an insomniac. Just have trouble sleeping occasionally...

Reviews

Sorry to hear the milk didn't help. Your right about the exercise. 20 mins brisk walk in fresh air regularly helps. Various drugs may give relief but aren't practical long term as tolerance builds up fairly quick (with me anyway).

Reviews

Sorry about the sleeping trouble Natalie, I have trouble sleeping often as well.

An old friend used to put on the radio when going to bed, and turn the volume down so that the sound is just white noise. I still use this technique when having trouble sleeping, and it still works for me.
    Fighting the Good Fight...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cable87 For This Useful Post:

Bella26 (09-11-14), mature abby (09-11-14)

Reviews

Hi,
    You could try Valerian hops taken with some water before bed. Also try Lavender essential oil, a few drops directly on the pillow or on cloth placed next to pillow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Naughtynatalie View Post
    Sorry if this thread has been done before but insomnia but I missed it & insomnia is something I have lived with for years

Does anyone who does suffer from it have any realistic cures, besides exercise because I feckin hate that lol
    Dont judge me but to date cannabis is the only thing that works for me but as I dont smoke it when touring I'm at a loss.
    Thankfully I can get some sleep at night with my headphones but some nights (tonight) I feel more awake than I do at 10am.
    All advise & sarky comments gratefully accepted
    My brother has this. Funny thing he goes to bed and always has at all different hours every night. No wonder he cant sleep. He hasn't a body clock ffs.

Westside.

Reviews

I think its all about not thinking and relaxing and winding down (which to an insomniac is a bit like saying to someone dont think of an elephant and expecting them to not think of an elephant)
    you switch your thoughts off or at least just listen to your breathing/heart beat in your ears (get earplugs)
    but you need to be tired for that, you can't sleep without being tired so maybe not strict exercise if thats not your thing but just do shit

as for nurses and people like that who swap from night to day shifts weekly, cant get my head around that one

8. The Following User Says Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

tom sand (09-11-14)

Reviews

Sorry if this thread has been done before but insomnia but I missed it & insomnia is something I have lived with for years

Does anyone who does suffer from it have any realistic cures, besides exercise because I feckin hate that lol
    Dont judge me but to date cannabis is the only thing that works for me but as I dont smoke it when touring I'm at a loss.
    Thankfully I can get some sleep at night with my headphones but some nights (tonight) I feel more awake than I do at 10am.
    Have you tried a cup of hot honey .

Reviews

I suffered for years from this and tried everything. Here are a few tips that eventually worked.
    1. Don't drink tea or coffee or coke after 2pm.
    2. Don't eat late.
    3. Have a hot shower before bed.
    4. Wear a blackout eye mask.
    5. Then revisit some mundane life event and try as hard as you can to remember every detail down to what everyone was wearing etc. this is really boring, empties the mind of present conflicts and is guaranteed to send you sound asleep.
    7. Make sure the bed is warm enough.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiberjabber View Post
    I know what you're saying but tea helps me relax and often helps me sleep.
    Try chamomile tea instead.

Quote Originally Posted by sixfourblond View Post
    I suffered for years from this and tried everything. Here are a few tips that eventually worked.
    1. Don't drink tea or coffee or coke after 2pm.
    2. Don't eat late.
    3. Have a hot shower before bed.
    4. Wear a blackout eye mask.
    5. Then revisit some mundane life event and try as hard as you can to remember every detail down to what everyone was wearing etc. this is really boring, empties the mind of present conflicts and is guaranteed to send you sound asleep.
    7. Make sure the bed is warm enough.

Hope this helps!
    Also, don't watch TV or play with your phone about 30 minutes before bedtime. Small devices such as Kindles and mobile phones omit a blue light that wrecks your sleep.

http://chriskresser.com/how-artifici...to-do-about-it

Reading a book always knocks me out in minutes.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

tom sand (09-11-14)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast