View Poll Results: Should this site have a "community moderator"???

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 57.75%
  • No

30 42.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Community Moderators

Reviews

Exclamation Community Moderators

In the interest of true democracy ........................

Paws
    Gone ........... and forgotten?

Reviews

Thumbs down Democracy Rules ............ Well It Used To!!!!

Bump!!!!!!!!!

Paws

Reviews

Gang,

With the greatest of respect to my brothers from other mothers Carlos, Kieree (sham!), Marijuana, Highwayman, and Epsilon, I just want to add my very small voice to the debate.

I choose not to vote in the community moderator poll, and I voted "No" here because, as it stands, I don't want a community moderator or moderators.

The idea is sound, and fuck knows it would be great if all these petty crapulences that fly around the place would just peter out. But that won't happen because this is the Internet - ground zero of the epidemic that is online Twerpism.

I simply cannot see how any moderator can retain impartiality given that we've been going through a shitstorm on these boards for the last couple of months. No matter who is elected, that person will have their own pre-formed ideas and opinions on the main personalities of the boards and will always always always be disposed to lean that way if offence is taken somewhere over something. Furthermore, a moderator with the best will in the world will never be able to make a decision that is wholly agreeable, and it won't be long before we're all forced to read threads in the Soap Opera section calling for moderators to be removed due to perceived favouritism. It's easy to say it won't happen, but it bloody well will and we all know it. And what happens if two moderators disagree enough to debate the issue on the boards?

The fact that moderators are going into their jobs blind also doesn't fill me with the greatest of confidence. With no black-and-white rules from the get-go, their powers are going to be very limited, and having to deal with all the inevitable finger-pointing and jumping up and down by people who want other people banned is going to dilute any impact a new moderator should have.

Of course, it's dead easy to criticise, but I'm not trying to do that. Some of you are really clever, quick-witted people, and it's a genuine pleasure to read your posts, and I sincerely hope that this wind blows us all towards a warm island instead of shipwrecking us.

If moderating goes ahead, and it probably will, I genuinely wish the new moderator every success, because he's going to need cojones the size of coconuts

My longest post to date! Thanks for reading this far!

Reviews

Exclamation Close!!!

Well this is still too close to call so keep voting people!!!

Paws

Reviews

Exclamation 50/50

It's 50/50 as of now so keep voting!!!

Paws

6. Question first poll?

shouldn't we have seen wot the results of this poll were before the other one started???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tupacshakir24 View Post
    shouldn't we have seen wot the results of this poll were before the other one started???
    This isn't an official poll. It was put up by bigpaws after we announced we are going to try out the community mods idea, because he doesn't want community mods.

8. Question patricia

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    This isn't an official poll. It was put up by bigpaws after we announced we are going to try out the community mods idea, because he doesn't want community mods.
    so shoudn't an oficial poll have been put up asking people if they even wanted community mods before a poll deciding who would be community mods?? Dat would make more sense don't ya think???

voting in that other poll is like voting in the Nice Treaty ............ being told to vote but not being told exactly wot your voting for just to get sumting through that some big-wig wants .............. a bit silly me thinks!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tupacshakir24 View Post
    so shoudn't an oficial poll have been put up asking people if they even wanted community mods before a poll deciding who would be community mods?? Dat would make more sense don't ya think???

voting in that other poll is like voting in the Nice Treaty ............ being told to vote but not being told exactly wot your voting for just to get sumting through that some big-wig wants .............. a bit silly me thinks!!

If only this was a democracy...

On a serious level, we are only trying out an idea, and it was discussed on a thread here before the poll was put up giving everyone a chance to express their opinions.

10. Question pat

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    If only this was a democracy...

On a serious level, we are only trying out an idea, and it was discussed on a thread here before the poll was put up giving everyone a chance to express their opinions.
    well if this is not a democracy then why are u or anybody bothering wit a poll at all?

i read those threads .............. most disagreed wit the idea of a community mod and u urself admitted it was a bad idea so wot gives?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast