I figure i give my reasons why i think it isnt a good idea to mod this site the manner of which is proposed.From my experiences of modding and seeing modding on other sites it only works well if,

(a) None of the mods bar the owner are known registered members and i dont mean someone disguised either.I mean total nuetral ppl who have no experience of those on the forums.

(b) Mods are changed periodically.

(c) Accountability.When i modded i was liked by some disliked by some even threatened or whatever by a few too.Now forget the fact that i never gave a crap who liked me or not,o always showed myself to be accountable for any decisions i made.I took alot on the chin but hey thats life.A mod should be 100% accountable for their decisions and if they cant be then they cant mod.Simple as that which brings me to the next point.

(d) You risk having a forum full of "why was i banned or why this or that".

(e) if a mod has an issue and he /she feels that that issue isnt dealt with properly then time to step away and stop modding.We all have a certain idea or integrity of what we feel is the right or wrong thing to say or do in any given situation and if the mod feels that its an isolated thing for him / her or that the mods general integrity is being dragged down times to up and go.

These are the biggest probs i see with modding on sites.If the site members become mods then at least change them regularly.Preferably ,independant ppl not known to the members here should mod.Otherwise politics come into play.

Simple but difficult,
Westside.