Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: beware of this man

Reviews

Unfortunately this individual has served his time and is a free man to go where he wants at will, so isn't it just a shame the politicians wouldn't spend as much time and energy sorting out this type of problem rather than persecuting pairs of adults who consent to have sex with each other! It's beyond all reasoning the mentality of the supposed leaders of this country as they are just jumping on the bandwagon looking for brownie points

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    My instant gut reaction to anyone who abuses a child or an animal is : let me offer guidance for his head through

a noose , and let the rope support him while he last kicks ..

However ,

Even in totalitarian regimes , child abuse of all kind is still rampant. If anything it might be even more pervasive.

All the existential frustrations and upset are always taken out on the weakest , on those who have no voice.

The difference is , that in totalitarian regimes no one hears about these abuses , as the propaganda machine is

so effective and so ingrained , that 'bad news' simply do not make it to the headlines. You , me , and even their own

citizens simply do not know about it.

Do you think there's no child abuse in N Korea !? Or in China ? China has executed more persons in each of the last years

than any other country , and yet there's been a spate of knife attacks on preschools , dozens of little children killed ; and

on train commuters , etc. Clearly the threat of summary execution is not a repellant to heinous crimes.

Let that sink in -- to sarcastically borrow a phrase from another.

With all my pertinent education and experience , pedophiles simply cannot be reformed.

Imo pedophila is simply the attraction and a sexdrive that is directed at the wrong segment of society.

Up until the not too distant past , homosexuality was regarded a mental illness. Now we now that for the most part it is innate.

This argument does not excuse pedophiliac behavior (!) , it is simply an effort to try to explain the mechanism.

: Think of your own sexdrive : you are attracted to women / men , yes ? Can you change that at will ?

How about if someone told you that from today on it is wrong , it is against the law illegal to follow through on your

sex drive / sexual attraction ?

Effectively this would mean lifelong celibacy. Could you , would you do it ?

As a decent human being if you understood that your actions would be hurtful and damaging to the other party ,

you would refrain. Clearly not every person is a decent human being , but I am convinced that there are

many many pedophiles out there who do not offend. I'm sure it must be a lifelong struggle.

The though is repulsive , the act is inexcusable. But I do not think the thought and desire can be eradicated.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia

Imo mandatory 24/7 monitoring of all convicted pedophiles would be the most effective method in preventing further

assaults , crimes against children. Monitoring the school in the neighborhood (where the offender was seen leering in

windows) is simplistic and non-effective. While the nice gardai are keeping an eye on the school , the offender

can just mosy on over to another area or other town , and do his misdeeds.

Monitoring of the offender (!) is the key.

Further , I feel that pedophiles who willingly come forward to the police or social services before committing a

crime should be given all the social psychological support possible , in order to avoid them becoming an offender.

This might mean intense extensive counseling , perhaps housing assistance where they could be moved to a

neighborhood without schools etc.

So : two pronged prescription -- constant monitoring and zero tolerance of those who have offended , and full-on

social support of those who are decent enough to struggle against their desires and who aim to not abuse.

Nothing else will work imo. You can hang one high , it will not deter the next.

Also , if there was open acknowledgement of this condition as a disease , the secrecy surrounding it might diminish ,

pre-offenders might be more willing to come forward.

And then of course there are still medical options of chemical castrations for those willing . ( an unwilling individual

who is subjected to chemical castration has many ways about it to counter the effects of the hormones injected ,

thereby nullifying its effects. In individuals who have offended , and have no clear intent to modify their behavior ,

only physical castration might show any result. Then they might turn into murderers if left to their own devices. )

This my humble opinion x
    This.

If someone hit maturity and found themselves attracted to kids (the way others end up attracted to all sorts) and asked out for help from family, friends, doctors, what would happen? They'd be ostracized, shunned, people would want them dead. So you end up with mentally ill people scared to ask for help, repressing urges for years and years before finally snapping.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FatBastard For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (27-10-14)

could a man remain celibate: Of course he can.

hunger strikers starve themselves even with food in front of them because as human they have the will to do so. man can through language decide whether to act or not regardless of his desire.

"Man can do what he wants but he cannot determine what he wants" A Schopenhauer
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Well if ever there was a pedo "look".......he's rockin it! Yuck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kendra For This Useful Post:

meath chap (27-10-14)

I remember listening to this story on "This American Life" a couple of months about young pedophiles and the lack of preventive methods.

https://medium.com/matter/youre-16-y...?%3Fc=upworthy
    Give me a call 083 455 2811 or PM to book in advance
    Smithfield 5th - 11th February
    Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CuteCatriona

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Catriona For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (27-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by FatBastard View Post
    This.

If someone hit maturity and found themselves attracted to kids (the way others end up attracted to all sorts) and asked out for help from family, friends, doctors, what would happen? They'd be ostracized, shunned, people would want them dead. So you end up with mentally ill people scared to ask for help, repressing urges for years and years before finally snapping.
    Imo de stigmatizing the desire and offering supportive social services and ongoing supportive counseling might go a long

way in preventing abuse. De stigmatizing should not mean indiscriminate 'acceptance' of this deviant desire , imo it is not

'right' to have such desire , but alienating the non-offenders and making criminals of them even without them having

committed a crime imo is counterproductive for society at large in the long run.

Even if just one pedophile could be prevented from abusing in the first place , it might mean one victim for sure , but might

mean dozens of victims that did not become victims , all down to preventative social services. I think an attempti at

prevention is the only reasonable measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    I remember listening to this story on "This American Life" a couple of months about young pedophiles and the lack of preventive methods.

https://medium.com/matter/youre-16-y...?%3Fc=upworthy
    Excellent piece.

At the same time though I think it should be emphasized that felons who have been convicted of pedophiliac child abuse should

automatically be liable for lifelong constant monitoring. May that be an ankle bracelet or physical surveillance by authorities.

The question of civil liberties of course comes up and it's a rightful argument , but I think if one has failed to control himself once ,

he should automatically forfeit that particular right.

There are circumstances where the rights of the state surpass the rights of the individual.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

Imo de stigmatizing the desire and offering supportive social services and ongoing supportive counseling might go a long

way in preventing abuse. De stigmatizing should not mean indiscriminate 'acceptance' of this deviant desire , imo it is not

'right' to have such desire , but alienating the non-offenders and making criminals of them even without them having

committed a crime imo is counterproductive for society at large in the long run.

Even if just one pedophile could be prevented from abusing in the first place , it might mean one victim for sure , but might

mean dozens of victims that did not become victims , all down to preventative social services. I think an attempti at

Excellent piece.

At the same time though I think it should be emphasized that felons who have been convicted of pedophiliac child abuse should

automatically be liable for lifelong constant monitoring. May that be an ankle bracelet or physical surveillance by authorities.

The question of civil liberties of course comes up and it's a rightful argument , but I think if one has failed to control himself once ,

There are circumstances where the rights of the state surpass the rights of the individual.
    stephanie i read about five lines of that and had to click out of it because it was so revolting
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Excellent piece.

Exactly, an ounce of prevention is worth alot more than a pound of cure, but it'd political suicide for any of them to come out and say that, when it's easier to join in the hang um all circle jerk. Like the war on drugs the current policies around mental health in this issue are abysmal.

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    stephanie i read about five lines of that and had to click out of it because it was so revolting
    Skirting around the issues like this is why it is an issue. It's an excellent insight in how prevention is better then cure.

Yes every Sun/Sport reader will feel good about themselves when some child molester gets some vigilante justice dished out to him but there'll still be the victims dealing with that shit the rest of their life, whereas if people would use their fucking loafs and prevent this shit before it happens.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast