Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should Ched Evans Get Another Chance?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark View Post
    Ched Evans was done for raping a girl and should never be a footballer again.

Mike Tyson was done for raping a girl and has movie roles and generally enjoys the celebrity treatment.

Bit of hypocrisy in peoples reactions to Ched Evans playing football again.

Imo if he is able to play on, he will be getting it tight from the fans not to mention clubs taking a gamble signing him with this on his record.
    Agreed, Some crimes are worse than others and that is what sentencing is about.

I don't see that it is fair to single out this young guy and prevent him doing what he does best. He has done his time and the stigma will follow him around regardless.
    Always check for lipstick or makeup transfer before you leave the apartment

Reviews

Not to mention that today footballers are "Superstars" and role models to children. How could anyone consider putting Ched Evans in the situation whereby he could possibly influence others, "that's OK son, you do what you want. Destroy someones life but sure you be back to normal after a couple of years" !! Don't fuckin think so...........

Reviews

I am not sure that anyone's life here was destroyed. A drunk 22 year old had sex with a drunk 19 year old. There was never any suggestion that he forced her to have sex, just that she was too drunk to consciously consent (statutory rape). As such I think he has served his time and I don't think there is any justification for banning him from trying to ply his trade. Whether any club should employ him is another matter. Rapists (i.e. those who force people into sex when they don't want to) are stigmatised with 'sex offenders' tags. I think this situation is slightly different.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12