Thread: You must

Blog Entries

Smile You must

" Tiffany Tees "
    Strangers are friends I have yet to meet.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiffanyTees For This Useful Post:

clarelad (22-10-14), Rachel Divine (23-10-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Have you tiff ?? .: doc xxx
    Never mistake kindness for weakness .: doc

Reviews

Wow! What kind of toys have you got Tiff? lol

Quote Originally Posted by TiffanyTees View Post

Reviews

First review from the same site.

Quote Originally Posted by IMDB
    Reverse The Genders And Look Again
    9 February 2014 | by Huntress Thompson (United States) – See all my reviews
    Well, no-one else has mentioned it yet, so I guess I'll have to: What is most disturbing about this horrendous film is the underlying message that as long as a girl has a cute ass she can torture, maim and murder all she likes and the audience won't even bat an eyelid.

Here's an experiment for you: try reverse the genders in your head while watching it and see what you think of it then: imagine a film in which the male hero spends 90 minutes brutally mutilating and murdering any married woman he thinks has ever had an affair: would that still be funny then? Would he be a sympathetic character just because he is young and good looking? Can you imagine men standing up in the cinema and applauding each brutal killing of a woman? The answer, obviously, is no: the ONLY film made in - well, my whole lifetime - that could be held up as contrast to this presently ubiquitous genre of film is Mary Harron's 'American Psycho', but even then the films are so different as to be night and day: there, the Patrick Bateman character is (rightly) shown to be sad, repulsive and pathetic at every turn, and none of his murders - of both sexes - are shown as anything to be celebrated. Here simple everyday infidelity is depicted as a justifiable reason for genocidal murder, so long as the victim is a man. And any objective judgment of the protagonist's actions is suspended simply because... well, because the monster carrying out these crimes is a woman.

This is a deeply ugly, truly sexist film in which (almost) all the men are depicted as morally bad and/or oppressors and (almost) all the women depicted as good and/or victims. Demonized and scapegoated in such a way, all acts of violence against that group of people are portrayed as justified. It is only because such contempt towards men is so thoroughly endemic in our society that such a film can a) be released at all and b) pass without comment from everyone here.

Okay, enough... I'll get off my soapbox now. I guess to be fair I must add that the production values are high, it doesn't look cheap. The acting is competent, and no-one really embarrasses themselves in that department. But the implausibility of the plot grows exponentially as it goes along and even without the aforementioned hatred, the wheels of the story come off before even the halfway mark and it becomes nothing more than a made-for-TV 'Woman In Jeopardy' shocker with a bit more money thrown at it and a lot more unpleasantness.

For God's sake, people: please stop making films like this. Life's too short for us all.

Reminds me of this gem ...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780622/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Last edited by Jiberjabber; 22-10-14 at 23:34.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

TiffanyTees (23-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by TiffanyTees View Post
    Forgot my nurse uniform at home
    Naughty videos on EF.