Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Candles in hotels

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    I have some of those battery powered ones you can get. They can look really nice and have the flicker effect and provide a warm glow and no alarms to be set off.
    And Kate they do add to the athmosphere in a nice way, add to the ambience.
    Last edited by rob_tig; 18-10-14 at 20:43.
    Love slowly unwraping a sexily dressed lady.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rob_tig For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (18-10-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra View Post
    Yes, I use vanilla ones x
    i like haagen daz in simple vanilla. although today i bought Minter Wonderland...idea

Reviews

I always use to light candles in the church, something very peaceful and relaxing about it, the smell was nice too, I don't go very often now

Reviews

Love Review

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    i like haagen daz in simple vanilla. although today i bought Minter Wonderland...idea
    i'd always liked mint ice cream and it was usually green. this one is white but has
    a authentic mint flavour with generous plain chunks of choc. rating 10/10

6. Default

Don't tell anyone I said this but if you absolutely must have candles in a hotel room you can tape a plastic bag over the smoke detector for the duration, if you can reach it safely. Someone I may or may not know may or may not have done that at some point in the past. Allegedly.

Mind you, if the ceiling is high enough that you can't reach it, the detector is probably far enough away to not be a problem. Just make sure as noted above to fan the smoke away when you put the candle out. Those particles are exactly the right size to set the damn thing off.

Don't forget to take the bag off afterwards

Setting off a fire alarm in a hotel is seriously uncool. Nowadays the local FB is often called automatically, and as it's a "place of public resort" you'll get a predetermined attendance - at least two pumps and a ladder truck.

These newfangled battery candles are great, you can even get little warmer pots for aromatic oils. Many of them are really nice. Ylang Ylang just gives me a headache though
    Last edited by liffey; 19-10-14 at 21:02.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to liffey For This Useful Post:

Danish Pia (20-10-14)

The electric candles are really quite good. To add to the ambience, put some essential oils into a ring which sits on the rads or light bulbs. I love lavender and some citrus scents to soothe/chill me out. Someone should develop turf smelling essential oils, possibly the best "home" smelling scent available!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Redkingirish For This Useful Post:

Danish Pia (20-10-14)

I've never known candles to activate a smoke detector. The detectors are optical and ionisation units, they will not activate unless you produce some smoke volume or unless you put the flame under the unit.. So go ahead. I've used them in lots of hotels
    So!! I'm a geek.. but a romantic one..
    Just don't burn anything or cook marshmallows or toast !!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AmantAmant365 For This Useful Post:

Danish Pia (20-10-14)

As Warmcome replied previous, it gonna cause this so smoking alarm and when they come in and smell candles instead of a cigarett, then you have delivered your self..so better not. Battery candles would properbly do..!
    "
    .. A Woman could be happy with any Man as long as she does not Marry him..""

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Danish Pia View Post
    Often think about lighting some candles when I work from a hotel to add a little more atmosphere but will it set off the smoke alarm? And would it be allowed?
    You could always try the electric candles, they flicker like normal ones and give off a surprising amount of light.
    You can buy 4 for E2 in Eurogiant
    Last edited by Hagane00; 28-10-14 at 09:25.
    You wont know, until you try!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hagane00 For This Useful Post:

Danish Pia (30-10-14)

Heno1976 Guest

They definitely add to the atmosphere. Go for it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast