Thread: iPub

Default iPub

Beer!

We all like a good fresh cold sip after a long day of work or even when we are out on the weekends with the pals, but how many of you hate when you're queuing up for a drink and yet after 10-15 minutes*sometimes even longer), still no joy as the bar is just too busy?

Now that wait could soon be cut much shorter with the new 'iPub' which allows punter to pull their own pint.

Is this something you would like in your local, or do you think it is just a waste of time, money or what?
    What are your views on this?

I myself would like to pull my own pint, as sometimes, the barmaid/man (especially when new starters) seem to leave more head on a pint than the actual drink in the glass.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/foodanddrin...nts/ar-BB9pB48
    Last edited by Floki; 17-10-14 at 12:23.

I thought you would enjoy the barmaid giving you more head
    Quote Originally Posted by Floki View Post
    Beer!

We all like a good fresh cold sip after a long day of work or even when we are out on the weekends with the pals, but how many of you hate when you're queuing up for a drink and yet after 10-15 minutes*sometimes even longer), still no joy as the bar is just too busy?

Now that wait could soon be cut much shorter with the new 'iPub' which allows punter to pull their own pint.

Is this something you would like in your local, or do you think it is just a waste of time, money or what?

I myself would like to pull my own pint, as sometimes, the barmaid/man (especially when new starters) seem to leave more head on a pint than the actual drink in the glass.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnboy2 For This Useful Post:

Floki (17-10-14)

Reviews

Beer!

Have had this in Irish bars for the last few years.
    A Guinness tap and a lager tap ( Heineken or Carlsberg) on the table and you pull
    your own pint.
    Leave your credit card behind the bar before you start and the taps
    measure how much you have drank.
    Never really took off.
    I am who I am and I am happy with who I am.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to happygolucky For This Useful Post:

JAMESCORK (17-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnboy2 View Post
    I thought you would enjoy the barmaid giving you more head
    As much as I would like to get head from a barmaid, head in my drink is something a little different from what I like.

Reviews

As much as I would like to get head from a barmaid, head in my drink is something a little different from what I like.
    I have found in England they give little or no head on a pint as they have to fill
    the glass up to the mark.
    I much prefer a pint with a decent head as the pint stays nicer longer.
    I am who I am and I am happy with who I am.

Reviews

Another system which is closing the pubs.

1. Buy your booze at the supermarket
    2. Invite your friends round, or talk to them over the internet, while you drink at home.
    3. And why try to chatup someone at the pub, just log-on to EI?