Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! I'm no longer wireless

Reviews

i tried for a few days and decided to buy the ariel .
    Other opinions are allowed
    Age doesn't equal maturity - just look around !
    Unhappy ? press ignore user in settings

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Simpleton View Post
    The wireless connection on my laptop has gone,

When i click on the icon on the bottom right hand side of the screen and try to connect, my vodafone provider is not listed there like it was always and the huawei mobile device is working ok on my desktop.

Anyone able to help me Please....thanks
    Is your mobile device connected directly to your desktop ?

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 69patrick69 View Post
    Is your mobile device connected directly to your desktop ?
    yes and my laptop would always pick up the mobile device from any room etc but not not even recognising my vodafone provider, not displaying it even now in the list. i plugged the device directing into the usb port of the laptop and it wont work either, i'm lost altogether, I can't use it in bed now
    Last edited by Johnny Simpleton; 16-10-14 at 00:12.

Reviews

You could try removing the connection from your laptop.
    then plug in the device to your laptop, which will reinstall the connection for you.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 69patrick69 View Post
    You could try removing the connection from your laptop.
    then plug in the device to your laptop, which will reinstall the connection for you.
    OK just tried that but didnt work, it just might be buggered altogether,

laptop is duo core, its 8 years old anyway and maybe time for a new one, I might get an i3 or i5 for Xmas

Reviews

one other thing to try is to reinstall your network drivers, I am guessing you are on a version of windows, you can google how to do it.

Are you using your phone to connect the laptop to the internet? If so it might be worth checking that the settings are ok on the phone. I have a huawei and it is not a great phone, sometimes it freezes up and changes its settings. Worth a look anyway.
    Last edited by justfrank44; 16-10-14 at 08:45.

Reviews

Is it possible to turn on and off wireless on your laptop. There is a button on mine to turn on wireless.... perhaps you have unwittingly turned it off...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JAMESCORK For This Useful Post:

Best Before (16-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    Is it possible to turn on and off wireless on your laptop. There is a button on mine to turn on wireless.... perhaps you have unwittingly turned it off...
    What he said

And if you can't find a button there is usually an Wireless Icon in the btm right corner of your desktop and it will have any x on it if not working and ! if there a small problem, like signal dificulties of should glow green if working. Right Click on the icon and it will give options on of them is repair. Try this now

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Best Before; 16-10-14 at 10:20.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    one other thing to try is to reinstall your network drivers, I am guessing you are on a version of windows, you can google how to do it.

Are you using your phone to connect the laptop to the internet? If so it might be worth checking that the settings are ok on the phone. I have a huawei and it is not a great phone, sometimes it freezes up and changes its settings. Worth a look anyway.
    i'm using one of those wi fi huawei r206 mobile devices, settings checked and ok

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JAMESCORK View Post
    that's happened me before alright and had not a clue what was wrong but its definitely on now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast