Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should you have children if you can not afford them

Reviews

Default should you have children if you can not afford them

a guy on radio red fm was saying women 'You should have keep your legs shut if cannot afford have children'
    I know this guy is idiot.The question is should you have children if you cannot afford them.
    Last edited by tony1; 14-10-14 at 15:35.

Well, some people CAN afford children and then fall onto hardship at a later stage. We shouldn't assume things. I agree that people shouldn't have children just to fix a rocky relationship. Sometimes unplanned pregnancies happen also happen, and of course, quite controversially, there are anti-abortion laws in Ireland too.

Is the emergency pill available in Ireland? Pray excuse my ignorance.
    Last edited by samlad; 14-10-14 at 15:38.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samlad For This Useful Post:

Curvaceous Kate (14-10-14), Sexy_Jessica (14-10-14)

Reviews

if you have kids you have to sacrifice a lot of things past times,drinking every weekend etc. its when you try to live the same life as before it just doesn't work

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meath chap For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (14-10-14), slavetoyou (14-10-14)

Reviews

We saw all to sadly what this state inflicted on women and families who found themselves in poverty or having a child out of wedlock.
    It is not a matter of having children that you cant afford, it is failing to practise the knowledge to prevent oneself getting pregnant if female and is your male put a rubber on it or be prepared to pay for the support of the child that you have helped create.

The responsibility for unplanned pregnancy is all too often in the hands of those who have unprotected sex. Too many young people think It Will Never Happen to Them BUT IT DOES

We still have this daft notion that is is someone elses' responsibility

If you are sexually active (male of female) carry condoms and protect yourself as there is a lot worse than getting pregnant, STD's are worringly on the rise because of unsafe sex practices.
    Last edited by nitram; 14-10-14 at 15:50.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by samlad View Post

Is the emergency pill available in Ireland? Pray excuse my ignorance.
    Yes it is and the number of young women arriving at pharmacies in Ireland looking for it at weekends, who are not sure wheither or not they had unprotected sex is frightening because they were too drunk or drugged to remember
    Last edited by nitram; 14-10-14 at 15:46.

Reviews

You'll find that poorer people have more children than richer people.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dob For This Useful Post:

bollocks (14-10-14), bonsten (20-10-14)

Reviews

No if you can,t afford you should not have them. Yes Sam sometimes people do fall into hard times and if that person was a hard working tax payer who has fallen into hard times then yes they,re should be help provided.
    But in this State loads of people have children so that they can clean up on the social gravy train.
    and social welfare and childrens allowence should not be given out in cash. Most of it is spent in the pub.

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

11. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

xagerate (14-10-14)

I always felt it was an odd question, when people would ask me. “So when are you going to have kids?”
    When a more pertinent question would have been. “Do you want to have kids?”

Reviews

I know people with vast wealth whose children have not faired well, indeed one v wealthy family their daughter committed suicide, i also know families with little wealth and you could not see a stronger unit with great values. As to the so called gravy train motive their are always in all areas of society people who abuse the system, need I mention our esteemed colleagues at Anglo Irish Bank etc etc and the legion of Solicitors that have stolen from clients. I know of vast white collar crime such as folding a company and not paying debts but the papers find it much easier to hit the poor. Yes there are abusers there as i say , if you are waiting till you can afford to have children you will be waiting a long time.

Money may help a child to a better life but it is no guarantee its all about the parents rich or poor and how they strive for their children, if the children know their parents are always there for them then the outcome is on the right track.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

bonsten (20-10-14), Vitruvian (14-10-14)

When the nurse told my mother she had an eight-pound bundle of joy, she said: ‘Thank God, the laundry’s back!’
    Who loves ya baby......!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast