Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nose job

Default nose job

anyone ever had septal surgery on their nose, i'm going for this in a weeks time and nervous as be off for about 6 weeks and not always a success they say.

Reviews

have you a deviated septum,my nose is a bit messed up from fighting years back but i havent the balls to get it sorted

3. The Following User Says Thank You to meath chap For This Useful Post:

Einstein II (13-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by meath chap View Post
    have you a deviated septum,my nose is a bit messed up from fighting years back but i havent the balls to get it sorted
    Yes, I got a deviated septum, got it from playing sports specially rugby and hurling, I'm still playing and won't give up but not too bad but would be off for months after the operation, No sports or anything physical.

is ok . will be a bit hard cos you will home some stuff in your nose for a few days . and you will have to take your breath on your mouth , if they do it like this here and you will have a bit of black eyes for 1 week .
    Play and don't regret !
    Belfast today and tomorrow !

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyla For This Useful Post:

Einstein II (13-10-14), willie wacker (13-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Einstein II View Post
    anyone ever had septal surgery on their nose, i'm going for this in a weeks time and nervous as be off for about 6 weeks and not always a success they say.
    Hey I am having my nose done next year but just for cosmetic reasons. What is your job if you don't mind me asking? I can't see why you need 6 weeks off work. 2 weeks should be the most you'll need off

I am recovering from a boob op just now and I am taking 6 weeks off but that's only because of my job, if it were a normal job then I would be back at work after a week or 2 depending on what the job is. I only need 6 weeks off because it wouldn't be nice for my clients to see my boobs all scarred etc and I couldn't have people grabbing them or even touching them during the healing process.

But on your face, you really shouldn't need so long off work. Did your surgeon tell you that you would need 6 weeks off?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kendra For This Useful Post:

Einstein II (13-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra View Post
    Hey I am having my nose done next year but just for cosmetic reasons. What is your job if you don't mind me asking? I can't see why you need 6 weeks off work. 2 weeks should be the most you'll need off

I am recovering from a boob op just now and I am taking 6 weeks off but that's only because of my job, if it were a normal job then I would be back at work after a week or 2 depending on what the job is. I only need 6 weeks off because it wouldn't be nice for my clients to see my boobs all scarred etc and I couldn't have people grabbing them or even touching them during the healing process.

But on your face, you really shouldn't need so long off work. Did your surgeon tell you that you would need 6 weeks off?
    i'm a student but work weekends which does involve heavy lifting and play sports many times a week including playing for my club.

In the consultation I was told i'd be off work usually for 3-4 weeks and 8 weeks from my sports, there can be complications i'm told like continuous bleeding, numbness of facial structures, eye damage etc.

I was all for it at the time but now as the operation is getting close I'm getting cold feet.

Reviews

i'm a student but work weekends which does involve heavy lifting and play sports many times a week including playing for my club.

In the consultation I was told i'd be off work usually for 3-4 weeks and 8 weeks from my sports, there can be complications i'm told like continuous bleeding, numbness of facial structures, eye damage etc.

I was all for it at the time but now as the operation is getting close I'm getting cold feet.
    Can you put it off for a while to see if it improves or is it the time for it to be done now?

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

11. The Following User Says Thank You to willie wacker For This Useful Post:

Einstein II (13-10-14)

Reviews

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Can you put it off for a while to see if it improves or is it the time for it to be done now?
    Have it 3 years and was using nasal sprays but to use continuously can damage the nose also.
    It's not too bad but the consultant says its permanent and will not improve, only option is surgery I'm afraid.
    Maybe I should get it over and done with.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Einstein II For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (13-10-14)

Reviews

Have it 3 years and was using nasal sprays but to use continuously can damage the nose also.
    It's not too bad but the consultant says its permanent and will not improve, only option is surgery I'm afraid.
    Maybe I should get it over and done with.
    Ya I have it as well but don,t need a op, it is only a problem when I sleep.
    i think if sleep on my left side I snore but not on my right, since I,m not married does,nt matter.
    Friend who is married had to get it done

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast