Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nose job

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    Ya I have it as well but don,t need a op, it is only a problem when I sleep.
    i think if sleep on my left side I snore but not on my right, since I,m not married does,nt matter.
    Friend who is married had to get it done
    ok you went for a consultation as well then, yours must not be too bad when they told you that you didn't require surgery, anyway that video does kind of put you of it

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Einstein II View Post
    ok you went for a consultation as well then, yours must not be too bad when they told you that you didn't require surgery, anyway that video does kind of put you of it
    No I was getting dizzy spell so he did a check over all my face and spotted it.
    Ask did I want one I said no. He said good because no need then.
    But if I was married and it was a problem then he said I might need to get it done

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Quote Originally Posted by willie wacker View Post
    No I was getting dizzy spell so he did a check over all my face and spotted it.
    Ask did I want one I said no. He said good because no need then.
    But if I was married and it was a problem then he said I might need to get it done
    if it meant a restful night sleep it could be worth it, when i get a cold at all i have to breath through my mouth until i fall asleep but thankfully don't get colds very often
    Last edited by Einstein II; 13-10-14 at 23:08.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Einstein II For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (13-10-14)

i'm a student but work weekends which does involve heavy lifting and play sports many times a week including playing for my club.

In the consultation I was told i'd be off work usually for 3-4 weeks and 8 weeks from my sports, there can be complications i'm told like continuous bleeding, numbness of facial structures, eye damage etc.

I was all for it at the time but now as the operation is getting close I'm getting cold feet.
    Honestly that's strange being told that, I would be concerned about your choice of surgeons techniques if he honestly thinks it takes 3-4 weeks before you can return to work. It should be 1-2 weeks before returning to work. If you have to do lots of lifting then 2 weeks becuase heavy lifting etc increases the flood flow which can cause bleeding and also swelling etc. if you play sports where you could be hit on the face then you shouldn't do that for about 8 weeks because a trauma to your nose will affect your results.

But generally speaking, if your a student then you'll be back in the swing of things within a week but work wise from 2 weeks. No way will you need 6 weeks off.

The best surgeon I have found for this is Julian De Silva

www.londonfacialplasticsurgery.co.uk

You'll find him on YouTube and also on www.realself.com if you click on .....find a doctor then go to the London section then rhinoplasty, he's the top reviewed surgeon on there with 29 5* reviews. There are also other various things about him online. It's him that I am gonna have do my nose x

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra View Post
    Honestly that's strange being told that, I would be concerned about your choice of surgeons techniques if he honestly thinks it takes 3-4 weeks before you can return to work. It should be 1-2 weeks before returning to work. If you have to do lots of lifting then 2 weeks becuase heavy lifting etc increases the flood flow which can cause bleeding and also swelling etc. if you play sports where you could be hit on the face then you shouldn't do that for about 8 weeks because a trauma to your nose will affect your results.

But generally speaking, if your a student then you'll be back in the swing of things within a week but work wise from 2 weeks. No way will you need 6 weeks off.

The best surgeon I have found for this is Julian De Silva

www.londonfacialplasticsurgery.co.uk
    Thanks, I have been in contact with a several people that had this procedure done and they found no change whatsoever, one even had a diminished sense of taste.
    It's a fairly harsh operation too from what I hear.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Einstein II For This Useful Post:

willie wacker (14-10-14)

Reviews

Thanks, I have been in contact with a several people that had this procedure done and they found no change whatsoever, one even had a diminished sense of taste.
    Go to post 8 here, I put up a video of the op

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

your better off not looking at videos they put you off,your committed now you might aswell do it,my septum is pushed to one side but the bone is dead straight it looks fine till you look underneath it looks bad..one hole is bigger than the other..i may get it sorted sooner rather than later although i have a fear of hospitals and operations

Yes it definitely is a harsh operation but you'd be surprised at how quickly you heal if you follow the proper guidelines and choose the right surgeon x

Reviews

anyone ever had septal surgery on their nose, i'm going for this in a weeks time and nervous as be off for about 6 weeks and not always a success they say.
    Hope things go well for you...all the best ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12