Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: equal before the law?

Reviews

Blog Entries

Okay, so let me get this right. The officer was supplying an informant with drugs as a trade off for information?

In my mind, that was a stupid thing to do, but then if the informant is a drug addict, he's going to use any money he is given to go get drugs anyway. I would think that having an informant that is a drug addict is the crime here, as I would imagine the source to be unreliable. Addiction can push boundaries and who knows what they would say to feed their habit, i.e. the information is not reliable.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

tom rambo (12-10-14)

Reviews

really no surprise there, we don't hear the half of it

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leroy For This Useful Post:

tom rambo (12-10-14), warmcome (12-10-14)

Reviews

Maybe the drug addict was smarter, getting free drugs for supplying useless information

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Simpleton For This Useful Post:

Meursault (13-10-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by CurvaceousKate View Post
    Okay, so let me get this right. The officer was supplying an informant with drugs as a trade off for information?

In my mind, that was a stupid thing to do, but then if the informant is a drug addict, he's going to use any money he is given to go get drugs anyway. I would think that having an informant that is a drug addict is the crime here, as I would imagine the source to be unreliable. Addiction can push boundaries and who knows what they would say to feed their habit, i.e. the information is not reliable.

morning, Kate
    a serving detective garda supplied hard drugs and is going to walk over it.
    when you say addict would a tobacco or alcohol or sex addict be as unreliable?

Reviews

The allegations against the detective, which were first made in October 2011, were that he handled significant quantities of drugs for a confidential informant – in breach of garda rules.

no mention was made of anyone using drugs or being addicted to a drug. was it an assumption?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    morning, Kate
    a serving detective garda supplied hard drugs and is going to walk over it.
    when you say addict would a tobacco or alcohol or sex addict be as unreliable?
    I think it would depend on if they were able to get it freely for themselves or not. My immediate thoughts were that if the drug addict were able to get hold of drugs easily by themselves, then it would not be enough for them to part with any information. People don't generally squeal unless they really, really want or need something. Well, unless they are a complete shit with no moral code at all.

Bearing that in mind and knowing that drug addicts have been known to rob from their own families, take to prostitution and rob banks etc, to feed their addiction, which is not so prevalent amongst smokers or alcoholics (possibly because their needs are met in the corner shops at much lower prices) then it is not the same. Sex can be had for free. Least I never had to pay for my addiction

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

meath chap (13-10-14), tom rambo (12-10-14)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    The allegations against the detective, which were first made in October 2011, were that he handled significant quantities of drugs for a confidential informant – in breach of garda rules.

no mention was made of anyone using drugs or being addicted to a drug. was it an assumption?
    True, the informant could have been a supplier and the detective could have been supplying him to take this stuff on to the streets. That makes them both scum bags.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Curvaceous Kate For This Useful Post:

meath chap (13-10-14)

Reviews

after so many years of stigma, this is the fact. society will not stigmatize drugs out of existance.
    even cops are selling it now.

Reviews

some people would say you couldn't listen to a sex worker. but i
    wouldn't be so quick to judge and generalise. what do you know about it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast