Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do you deal with grief

I enjoy my solitude, me time, yet in time's of grief, it's when it hurt the most.
    Yes, talking to people helps and yet, it's that same strength that made you care that will ultimately heal, it's in you !!
    That and time.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vitruvian For This Useful Post:

bluefan1 (04-10-14), Stephanie (04-10-14)

Reviews

It does take two years to get over any sort of shock or trauma.
    Four or five days and you have usually got over the initial shock.
    Some cases you never really get over it completely.
    It is not something you want to repeat (not that you have a choice) but the more you experience it, usually the better you deal with it.

It is worth remembering that grief can be a selfish thing, and unless the loss is particularly close to you, there is usually someone closer to the person who may need more support (and support from you) than you do.

But, how do you deal with it? I don't know. Everyone has to cope with it in their own way, I guess.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Some fifteen years ago I had a tragic death , destroyed my soul.

It was sudden , a tragic accident , died in my arms.

I held them in my arms for hours , couldn't let go , took me a week to release the body for cremation.

I howled and buckled in grief. Howled into the desert , howled through the night.

Then became a zombie , unable to cope with everyday. The sorrow crippled me , that loss changed and eroded who I was.

Crying ? I cried a lot.

Took me two years to recover.

In recent times I have stopped crying , and seem to be able to move on faster , my recent griefs buried deep in my soul.

But can go on.
    Stephanie thank you for your honesty, grief is complex and I have seen it manifest in many different ways, I also had someone die in my arms but a stranger it never left me and never will < i also have had the dreaded police knock on the door and the Death letter, on that one went into a active state for awhile then it hit me like a sledgehammer. Then there is the broken heart another intense form of grief, one thing I can say is with time it becomes less frequent and your life eventually returns to you, as to coping mechanism's I think its a mix talking to friends talking to support groups or indeed forums . I some times see grief like an orbiting planet, initially it is in constant contact with you then over time the orbit broadens and the darkness/sorrow it brings slowly becomes not constant every day, then fairly frequent ,and eventually occasional, perhaps accepting that one has to go through this valley and it is normal/natural is a starting point.
    But can go on.[/QUOTE]

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beautyaddict For This Useful Post:

bluefan1 (04-10-14), Stephanie (04-10-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
    how do you deal with grief in you life
    Grief is just part of life and life is a cycle ure born u live, x amount of years u die, thats the sum of life for everybody there are
    no exceptions. So it goes without saying that if u live for any reasonable length of time u will encounter death of family members
    and friends or accquaintances, there is no way around this.
    I have lost plenty of people close to me,mostly family members as i am not yet of an age when ure friends start to die regularly ( but that day will come too)
    Im a very practical person and i just take it on the chin and carry on, its not that i maynot be sad etc but at the end of the day what choice do u have? Whatever u do wont change anything u can wail and moan all u like but that person is dead, gone and ure
    still alive so make the best of it and move forward.
    Always remember that no matter how close u think u are to other people u came into this world alone and u will leave it all alone,
    dying is a lonely buisness so at the risk of sounding harsh and cold i say while u are alive, live and deal with the dying when it
    happens to u as it inevitably wil,l and someday u will be somebodys grief.
    Last edited by ber; 04-10-14 at 12:50.
    Blatant promotion should be outlawed
    but
    Vincent Browne is a Hero

Reviews

One of the nicest things you can do for somebody who has lost a loved one is to ask them how they are and then give them time to talk about their lost even if its months later

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zoozoozoo For This Useful Post:

Stephanie (04-10-14)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12