Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do you deal with grief

Reviews

Default how do you deal with grief

how do you deal with grief in you life

2. Default

Different with everyone I guess. Bottling it up didn't work for me when I lost my best friend tragically. Years later my godson died of leukemia and allowing myaelf to cry and talk to people helped a lot. We have this attitude in ireland thstt we need to be strong and keep the chin up... screw that I say. Allow yourself to grieve... talk about it with someone. ..

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jetstream For This Useful Post:

blueberry (04-10-14), mymann (04-10-14), tom sand (04-10-14), Vitruvian (04-10-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Different with everyone I guess. Bottling it up didn't work for me when I lost my best friend tragically. Years later my godson died of leukemia and allowing myaelf to cry and talk to people helped a lot. We have this attitude in ireland thstt we need to be strong and keep the chin up... screw that I say. Allow yourself to grieve... talk about it with someone. ..
    sorry for your loss pal that must of bin tough

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
    Difficult,,,but probably by talking to others....Mind you others may not give you the right sort of help.

another way may be talking to a help line, or even discussing it here anonymously...People here are dealing with emotions, all the time

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    I was the same way lost my uncle to sucide when i was 20 didn't know what to do just swept it under the carpet but it affected me until one day I was on my way to Dublin with my brother and I just talked and talked about it was like a load of my chest that I could breath with me it just took time there no shame your weakness in talking about promblems sorry for loss
    Last edited by blueberry; 04-10-14 at 07:25.
    Life is like a wheelbarrow it's all in front of you

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blueberry For This Useful Post:

mymann (04-10-14), Vitruvian (04-10-14)

Reviews

men should cry and talk
    i cried a while ago an i felt ashamed and embarrassed for crying
    maybe its because i am suppose to be a man and strong
    i don't know

Reviews

Talk, to your friends, work colleagues, telephone support lines etc etc. Don't keep it locked away and hidden, it just destroys you and makes you a prisoner. I have had to deal with suicide, and cancer deaths in my family and friends over the last few years, thankfully I empowered myself by seeking support from friends and at times professionals. Its a cliche but it is good to talk.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubberlover For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (05-10-14), tom sand (04-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by tony1 View Post
    Not well .
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Jericho (04-10-14), SteveB (04-10-14), tom sand (04-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by tom sand View Post
    men should cry and talk
    i cried a while ago an i felt ashamed and embarrassed for crying
    maybe its because i am suppose to be a man and strong
    i don't know
    Some fifteen years ago I had a tragic death , destroyed my soul.

It was sudden , a tragic accident , died in my arms.

I held them in my arms for hours , couldn't let go , took me a week to release the body for cremation.

I howled and buckled in grief. Howled into the desert , howled through the night.

Then became a zombie , unable to cope with everyday. The sorrow crippled me , that loss changed and eroded who I was.

Crying ? I cried a lot.

Took me two years to recover.

In recent times I have stopped crying , and seem to be able to move on faster , my recent griefs buried deep in my soul.

But can go on.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

beautyaddict (04-10-14), Jericho (04-10-14), mymann (04-10-14), tom sand (04-10-14), Vitruvian (04-10-14)

As said by others 'Talk', women tend to talk more than men, men do bottle up their emotions, there's nothing wrong with holding your hands up & saying I need help. It's not a weakness, it's a strength. As the saying goes 'a problem shared is a problem halved'.

Sandy x
    In memory of an awesome woman Laura Lee RIP
    It's so difficult to articulate just how much she meant. Inspirational, brave and irreplaceable - our hero.
    Please do what you can for her daughter. Deeply appreciated.
    https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/glasgaelauralee

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sexy Sandy 69 For This Useful Post:

tom sand (04-10-14)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast