Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple doesn't like vaginas!

Default Apple doesn't like vaginas!

I think this is a wonderful article..

This week, under somewhat unique circumstances, an American woman discovered that Apple wouldn't engrave the word "vagina" onto her iPad. The reason? The word is considered “inappropriate language” by the company.

However, the female customer soon discovered that "penis" and "dick" were acceptable. This strange breed of sexism isn’t new to Apple — it has already been discovered that its autocorrect function would rather assume you’re talking about bacon or cabins rather than vaginas.

All of this would be laughable, maybe even trivial, if it didn’t belong to a wider trend of people who are so uncomfortable with the word "vagina" that they want to censor it.

In order to combat all of these issues, we need to stop stigmatising and shaming women’s bodies. Everyone — individuals, governments and companies alike — has a part to play in this.

We need to be talking about vaginas much more. We need to do so candidly, intelligently, with respect and without censorship. Most importantly, we need to be talking about the rights of the humans that they belong to.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...e-9602875.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JasonStag For This Useful Post:

Kendra (01-10-14)

Reviews

I am disappoint, thought was about a certain famous advertiser here claiming non bi-sexuality

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JasonStag View Post

This week, under somewhat unique circumstances, an American woman discovered that Apple wouldn't engrave the word "vagina" onto her iPad. The reason? The word is considered “inappropriate language” by the company.

However, the female customer soon discovered that "penis" and "dick" were acceptable. This strange breed of sexism isn’t new to Apple — it has already been discovered that its autocorrect function would rather assume you’re talking about bacon or cabins rather than vaginas.

All of this would be laughable, maybe even trivial, if it didn’t belong to a wider trend of people who are so uncomfortable with the word "vagina" that they want to censor it.

In order to combat all of these issues, we need to stop stigmatising and shaming women’s bodies. Everyone — individuals, governments and companies alike — has a part to play in this.

We need to be talking about vaginas much more. We need to do so candidly, intelligently, with respect and without censorship. Most importantly, we need to be talking about the rights of the humans that they belong to.

also I could be wrong but I haven't tried to engrave anything in an electrical screen and expected it to work afterwards. moron.

Reviews

It all stems back to the beginning, Adam and Eve, that apple caused a bit of hassle between the two of them and it's a bone of contention with Apple which is run be devoute Catholics

I am the slave of Irish Mistress XXX, a Fetish Queen, A Bossy Bitch Mistress, A Goddess, yes my life is tough, but it is so good.

Webcam and phone chat sessions available

6. The Following User Says Thank You to slavetoyou For This Useful Post:

cp3o (01-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by JasonStag View Post

Funny cause half of their customers who are using their devices all have a vagina and with vagina being the proper medical term for ones MINGE, I can't see how it's inappropriate.

Well I am using the new iPhone 6 just now and I just wrote the word vagina and minge all in one sentence without having any problems.
    Last edited by Kendra; 01-10-14 at 00:54. Reason: Hahaha! I take back what I said, autocorrect wrote angina not vagina! Doh

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kendra For This Useful Post:

funlover12 (01-10-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Kendra View Post
    Funny cause half of their customers who are using their devices all have a vagina and with vagina being the proper medical term for ones MINGE, I can't see how it's inappropriate.

Well I am using the new iPhone 6 just now and I just wrote the word vagina and minge all in one sentence without having any problems.

Last edited by Kendra; Today at 01:54. Reason: Hahaha! I take back what I said, autocorrect wrote angina not vagina! Doh

Gotta love auto-correct.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jiberjabber For This Useful Post:

Kendra (01-10-14), liffey (01-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by funlover12 View Post
    also I could be wrong but I haven't tried to engrave anything in an electrical screen and expected it to work afterwards. moron.
    Applestore offers free engraving of ipads, and a number of 3rd parties will do it too.numbnuts,

Last edited by weeschmoo; 01-10-14 at 01:18.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to weeschmoo For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (01-10-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by weeschmoo View Post
    Applestore offers free engraving of ipads, and a number of 3rd parties will do it too.numbnuts,

well youd think if they are gonna make a story out of something theyd at least establish what its about!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to funlover12 For This Useful Post:

Jiberjabber (01-10-14)

Funlover12, please don't call people a moron. Thank you.

It was not the apple on the tree that was the problem it was the juice of the pair on the ground
    Quote Originally Posted by slavetoyou View Post
    It all stems back to the beginning, Adam and Eve, that apple caused a bit of hassle between the two of them and it's a bone of contention with Apple which is run be devoute Catholics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast