Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: should sinn fein be next government

Reviews

Sinn fein should be the next government , if they recieve enough votes to get there. If their policies are not strong enough then they will be tested when in power. At the very least, they can't do any worse than has gone before. And maybe, just maybe, they can do a bit better than the rest.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by warmcome View Post
    if the people get in? things have to get worse sometimes...
    Get worse are you serious !! if it gets any worse will the last person leaving the country please turn off the light,
    I don,t think the germans will pay the bill

" WE ARE CONNACHT "

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    Sinn fein should be the next government , if they recieve enough votes to get there. If their policies are not strong enough then they will be tested when in power. At the very least, they can't do any worse than has gone before. And maybe, just maybe, they can do a bit better than the rest.
    Agreed won't do any worse but will do no better either, there is just no money in the pot and things will not change much for us working class people.

Well they support TORL and are just populists. My prediction is FF-SF coalition and much like Labour at the moment will totally fail to implement their own policies and will be a lapdog to FF or FG if they end up in coalition with them, as I doubt they'll get into majority government.
    Give me a call 083 455 2811 or PM to book in advance
    Smithfield 5th - 11th February
    Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CuteCatriona

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Catriona For This Useful Post:

willieh (25-09-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    Well they support TORL and are just populists. My prediction is FF-SF coalition and much like Labour at the moment will totally fail to implement their own policies and will be a lapdog to FF or FG if they end up in coalition with them, as I doubt they'll get into majority government.
    I very much doubt that sinn fein will go into a coalition government unless they have cast iron guarantees that their policies are implemented. Sinn fein are not afraid to play the long game and can wait for the next election.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to justfrank44 For This Useful Post:

willieh (25-09-14)

8. Default

Sinn Fein have a special place in irish politics and do respect a part of what being irish is, but I am not sure they have what it takes to be the government, because being in government is also about compromise and also about fitting into the world politic and I am not sure.

I think it does represent part of the voice of ireland, but is not what represents the country as a whole.

Is that what makes a democracy like ireland great and the PR system work to represent all the different views that make ireland a country

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Magicdick For This Useful Post:

willieh (25-09-14)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12