View Poll Results: How will we cause the world's end?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nuclear

3 23.08%
  • Genocide

0 0%
  • Chemical

1 7.69%
  • Robots

1 7.69%
  • Knowledge

0 0%
  • Insanity

2 15.38%
  • Other

6 46.15%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End of the World

Reviews

Exclamation End of the World

So..... humans are the most miserable, most twisted cancer ever to evolve on this planet. In fact, it's hard to think of an alien civilisation that could possibly be worse than us. We're sick, evil, twisted parasites.

So..... I think it's safe to assume that we're gonna be the main cause of 'death' of our planet. Question is: how? Nuclear? Insatiable thirst for knowledge? Genocide(religious/racial/etc)? Utter madness? Chemical warfare? Robots?

We're not fit to be called animals. And some of you cretins here are almost as bad as those fucked up Islamic 'ISIS' crowd in the Middle-East. Not quite but too many of ye were dropped on your heads at birth and used as piņatas. And we (as a species) hilariously think we're intelligent.

All the above is of course assuming that some giant asteroid doesn't fuck us up the anus first.

Dinosaurs lasted a 100 million years or so. We've been around a couple 100,000, less even.

*** I really should have included an option for "All of the above"
    Last edited by ladiesman217; 08-09-14 at 23:42.

Well as long as I get the ride before this happens I couldnt care less. Ladies amy takers??? see

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Insanity, because the others are all a form of insanity. It's a absolute miracle that this planet exists and is able to support life never mind that we evolved to dominate it. We're bound to self-destruct - unless the universe or nature does it first.
    Of course some people think God will destroy it any day now as punishment for our sins. But I'm not discussing my mad relatives here.

Reviews

the sun will expand and eat the whole galaxy around us and it

fuck you science and your quest for 'truth'! :/

stupid cunts ruining everything

Reviews

zombie apocolypse,a man made virus..if you aint prepping your going to be the first to die when shit goes down

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meath chap For This Useful Post:

Cable87 (09-09-14), samlad (09-09-14)

Quote Originally Posted by meath chap View Post
    zombie apocolypse,a man made virus..if you aint prepping your going to be the first to die when shit goes down
    Yup, plus +1. Either that, or we will continue to regress back into Neanderthals and club each other to death.

Death by trolls .... The ban hammer of the Dark Lord Samlad the end is neigh..
    Last edited by Clyde; 09-09-14 at 08:28.
    Who loves ya baby......!!

Reviews

Viral infection will wipe us all out,it's true I saw it in a movie.
    Life is a journey, complete it.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ladiesman217 View Post
    So..... humans are the most miserable, most twisted cancer ever to evolve on this planet. In fact, it's hard to think of an alien civilisation that could possibly be worse than us. We're sick, evil, twisted parasites.

So..... I think it's safe to assume that we're gonna be the main cause of 'death' of our planet. Question is: how? Nuclear? Insatiable thirst for knowledge? Genocide(religious/racial/etc)? Utter madness? Chemical warfare? Robots?

We're not fit to be called animals. And some of you cretins here are almost as bad as those fucked up Islamic 'ISIS' crowd in the Middle-East. Not quite but too many of ye were dropped on your heads at birth and used as piņatas. And we (as a species) hilariously think we're intelligent.

All the above is of course assuming that some giant asteroid doesn't fuck us up the anus first.

Dinosaurs lasted a 100 million years or so. We've been around a couple 100,000, less even.

*** I really should have included an option for "All of the above"
    I don't think we are that bad

Reviews

I've always loved apocalyptic future scenarios. They're easily my favourite types of themes and/or premises for films, TV, comics, etc.

By the way LDM, you FORGOT 'Environmental Disaster' as a possible (Apocalyptic) future! And let's not forget invading Space Aliens or asteroid/comet impacts either!

It's hard to say which specific Apocalyptic future will befall humanity, but I'm definitely a believer in a future where a cataclysmic event or series of events befalls us, and there are/will be mass die-offs (if not eventual total extinction) of the human population because of it. The question is: which ones(s) will it be??? We can look to film and television for some popular examples of Apocalyptic future themes. Often, most of the major apocalyptic future scenarios will involve more than one 'cataclysmic event':

The Matrix Trilogy: Robots/Artificial Intelligence takeover, humans desperately attempt a futile Nuclear counterstrike, destroying the entire atmosphere/environment, forcing human survivors to live under ground. Humans are bred as living 'batteries' for the machines, fed a 'brain in a jar'-like false reality, based on the philosophical arguments made about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_in_a_vat

The Terminator: Artificial Intelligence/Supercomputer/Cyborgs (Skynet) become self-aware, and decide to launch a nuclear strike to begin wiping out humanity, knowing that the counter-strike will further kill hundreds of millions more. Remaining human survivors are rounded up and used as labour, and are systematically TERMINATED.

The Day After Tomorrow, 2012: Human-caused environmental change kills billions, destroys most of the world, infrastructure, civilization as we know it.

28 Days/Weeks Later, I Am Legend, World War Z: Medical Research designed to cure illnesses accidentally creates a Zombie virus, over 90% of humanity is killed or turned into zombies.

Armageddon/Deep Impact: large space-born objects made of rock, ice and gases hurtle towards earth, threatening to end humanity the same way it ended the dinosaurs.

Independence Day, Predator, Aliens: Invaders from another planet come to Earth to hunt, RANDOMLY KILL, and/or take over and colonize Earth.

The Road, The Book of Eli: The remnants of humanity try to survive in the years after nuclear war/holocaust.

There are certainly loads more, and most have a few elements tangled within them of a variety of Apocalyptic themes. I think nearly all of them are possible.

Personally, I think that between over-population of the planet, running out of oil (and the wars that will be fought for control of what's left of it, which is ALREADY HAPPENING), the consequences of having no viable (and sustainable) alternatives to oil, the threat of nuclear war, progressive environmental change (rather than sudden and cataclysmic), manifesting in things like droughts, rising sea levels, ocean acidification, over-fishing, crop failures that cause severe food shortages, and finally, the control of fresh water, which is what some experts believe will be the next natural resource over which the next great wars will be fought, we're probably F&*KED.
    Fighting the Good Fight...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast