Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: No wonder the country is the way it is.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default No wonder the country is the way it is.

    Ask yourself who is more productive, the pubic service or the private sector. Virtually every single area of the pubic service is a disaster. yet the great workers are paid 48% more on average then private sector workers.

    unreal,
    Westside.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    958
    Reviews
    54

    Thumbs down

    So what's new. Protected society. The Dail is full of teachers, and academics, and social elite who live in a parallel universe. I recall during the boom this sector looking for parity with the private sector, and good oul Bertie gave them what they wanted, but put in clauses that insured it couldn't be reversed. So when the crash came, and it was a CRASH, who got looked after, the PUBLIC sector. And the recent utterance by the Government re easing the burden on public sector workers is just the start of the feeding frenzy, the private sector are going to have to pay for, just watch. Look at the pay the train drivers are on, and they went on strike, deluded group of morons, who are totally inefficient, lazy, but can't be sacked. Says it all.
    Last edited by rubberlover; 26-08-14 at 09:28.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,557
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rubberlover View Post
    So what's new. Protected society. The Dail is full of teachers, and academics, and social elite who live in a parallel universe. I recall during the boom this sector looking for parity with the private sector, and good oul Bertie gave them what they wanted, but put in clauses that insured it couldn't be reversed. So when the crash came, and it was a CRASH, who got looked after, the PUBLIC sector. And the recent utterance by the Government re easing the burden on public sector workers is just the start of the feeding frenzy, the private sector are going to have to pay for, just watch. Look at the pay the train drivers are on, and they went on strike, deluded group of morons, who are totally inefficient, lazy, but can't be sacked. Says it all.
    whats new is they are talking about reversing pay cuts in the next budget. Thats whats new.

    Westside.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,014
    Reviews
    10

    Default

    As me dear auld ma would say " Son get a job in the civil service, its a pensionable job, a job for life and you can't be sacked even if you do nothing,, (as they all do )

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In the doghouse
    Posts
    3,666
    Reviews
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    Ask yourself who is more productive, the pubic service or the private sector. Virtually every single area of the pubic service is a disaster. yet the great workers are paid 48% more on average then private sector workers.

    unreal,
    Westside.
    Who are these pubic sector workers, are they like escorts?:-)

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justfrank44 View Post
    Who are these pubic sector workers, are they like escorts?:-)
    Yeah most of them are in it for the ride

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •