Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a great idea.

Blog Entries

Default What a great idea.

So we are going to let some Iraqis in here? I mean seriously. How stupid can a country be. The problems in these countries are mainly religious so wtf is leaving them into a country whose religion is even further from them going to do? Im all for helping persecuted people but plz, let them into a country that more suits them and their cultures / beliefs.

Westside.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Westsidex For This Useful Post:

Me4711 (25-08-14), scotty123 (25-08-14), SexyEliza (25-08-14), Simone19 (26-08-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post
    So we are going to let some Iraqis in here? I mean seriously. How stupid can a country be. The problems in these countries are mainly religious so wtf is leaving them into a country whose religion is even further from them going to do? Im all for helping persecuted people but plz, let them into a country that more suits them and their cultures / beliefs.

Westside.
    Apsolutely but unfortunatly the Society/Culture that would suit those down to a "T" only existed over 2,000 years ago & to me "when in Rome do like the Romans" I hate they way the different nationalities EXPECT & INSIST on we having to facilitate there culture, now if U or I went to Iraq or similar & wanted our culture imposed etc I know bliddy quick what would happen /:
    & I suppose a Good Europeans we have to obide with the "Do Gooders" /: ... I read somewhere that when the immigrants from ALL OVER the world were flocking to the American shores back in the 17 hundreds some was quoted as saying ... "The suirs are overflowing & Europe is Vomiting" .... I know we cant "Tar all with the same Brush" but at least keep Ur own corner safe I say

Reviews

we shud get our house in order befour takin anyone in, im all for taking others in but sort ourselfs out first

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adamski For This Useful Post:

Me4711 (25-08-14)

6. Default

Absolutely ridiculous but when has this country ever made any logical decisions, for the life of me I can't remember ..

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Westsidex View Post

Westside.
    What nonsense.

Iraqi defines nationality and not religious denomination. I'm Irish and I'd hate to be assumed as Christian, or worse, Catholic.

The greatest displacement within the Iraqi population has occurred within the group who describe themselves as Christian. So, your argument falls down there. The UN also seek to place refugees in the best possible place for their future and religious beliefs are factored in to this decision. And by the way, there are a wide divergence of religious creeds based in Ireland so again your argument falls down again.

I'm all for helping persecuted people BUT

8. Default

what a bunch of ignorant stupid degenerates you all are

9. The Following User Says Thank You to john burke For This Useful Post:

bluefan1 (25-08-14)

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Me4711 View Post
    Apsolutely but unfortunatly the Society/Culture that would suit those down to a "T" only existed over 2,000 years ago & to me "when in Rome do like the Romans" I hate they way the different nationalities EXPECT & INSIST on we having to facilitate there culture, now if U or I went to Iraq or similar & wanted our culture imposed etc I know bliddy quick what would happen /:
    & I suppose a Good Europeans we have to obide with the "Do Gooders" /: ... I read somewhere that when the immigrants from ALL OVER the world were flocking to the American shores back in the 17 hundreds some was quoted as saying ... "The suirs are overflowing & Europe is Vomiting" .... I know we cant "Tar all with the same Brush" but at least keep Ur own corner safe I say
    Generations of Irish have spent their entire lives bringing (imposing) our culture and religious beliefs to societies all per the world under the guise of Missionary work. How can you repeat this right-wing, reactionary drivel? 'You read somewhere' ????

The US in the 1700's needed immigrants. For fuck sake the 'Good Doers' of Europe kidnapped half of Africa and 'transported' them the 'New World' to build the infrastructure. The coffin ships from Ireland also provided a steady source of cheap labour. China was another source of cheap labour. I'd suggest you widen your reading to cover some facts.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by adamski View Post
    we shud get our house in order befour takin anyone in, im all for taking others in but sort ourselfs out first
    is that possible?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to warmcome For This Useful Post:

SophieX (25-08-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by john burke View Post
    what a bunch of ignorant stupid degenerates you all are
    it's saxicolous, that's what it is!

Blog Entries
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bluefan1 View Post
    Generations of Irish have spent their entire lives bringing (imposing) our culture and religious beliefs to societies all per the world under the guise of Missionary work. How can you repeat this right-wing, reactionary drivel? 'You read somewhere' ????

The US in the 1700's needed immigrants. For fuck sake the 'Good Doers' of Europe kidnapped half of Africa and 'transported' them the 'New World' to build the infrastructure. The coffin ships from Ireland also provided a steady source of cheap labour. China was another source of cheap labour. I'd suggest you widen your reading to cover some facts.
    Say what suits Hmmmmm U should go into Polatics ... anyway with ALL Ur posts in relation to the above's "I Rest My Case" ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast