Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ebola scare in Donegal "

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    ZMapp experimental , not available to public.

Malaria you can live with for many years.

Ebola -- not so much.
    yea but malaria kills and has killed millions more than ebola. even hiv has killed more.

What happens is we become conditioned to things that dont kill us straight away.

1/2 chance of dying from a smoke related disease and yet 20% of the world smokes. if it doesnt kill you straight away, you tend not to place much fear into it
    "The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation" - Henry David Thoreau.

Quote Originally Posted by HonestJosephine View Post
    Remember the Chinese who started wearing face masks when they had flu so as not to sneeze on anyone, very classy but OMG do not remove the mask in public.
    Sales of masks could be the next big thing
    ill be ordering my sophisticated gas mask on amazon now so. one of those ones that would protect from zyclon B as well in case worst comes to worst

Quote Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
    ok my bad. but theres variation. sometimes it can take a week between initial symptoms and deah
    The incubation period ( the time from infection until symptoms appear ) can be anywhere from 2 days to three weeks (!!) .

Plenty of time to travel around , hang out w friends and family , coworkers , crowded buses etc.

A person is not contagious until symptoms appear , but the first symptoms are what they call 'Flu Like Symptoms' :

Fever , muscle ache , headache , etc.

What do ppl do when they feel under the weather ? They stay home and have family take care of them.

They sneeze , cough , etc.

Once vomiting and diarrhea present , the illness has progressed to the more severe stage , and yet at that time ppl

still do not panic , have family care for them. By the time they are very ill and seek hospital care , they're generally

only a day or two away from death.
    I do what I want. I cannot do otherwise.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Jericho (22-08-14), Meursault (21-08-14)

The incubation period ( the time from infection until symptoms appear ) can be anywhere from 2 days to three weeks (!!) .

Plenty of time to travel around , hang out w friends and family , coworkers , crowded buses etc.

A person is not contagious until symptoms appear , but the first symptoms are what they call 'Flu Like Symptoms' :

Fever , muscle ache , headache , etc.

What do ppl do when they feel under the weather ? They stay home and have family take care of them.

They sneeze , cough , etc.

Once vomiting and diarrhea present , the illness has progressed to the more severe stage , and yet at that time ppl

still do not panic , have family care for them. By the time they are very ill and seek hospital care , they're generally

only a day or two away from death.
    if it was ebola, trust me, given how much money the pharma companies make off the HSE, that drug would be fast tracked onto the market, even if they havent done the long term trials.

but i was saying on another tread, ebola has been around since 1976. This vaccine should have been done ages ago. But it takes the western world to become alarmed before anything is done. It took a western journalist to be beheaded on camera to really catch the attention of the government, although obama did go for a game of golf afterwards. The western world is so cynical when it comes to what happens in impoverished poorer economies.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Meursault For This Useful Post:

Jericho (22-08-14)

Yes, concerned but not panicked.
    Lucky for us it is not airborne but for a poor nurse who helped a patient out of bed and touched him briefly with no gloves on, that just shows how easy it is to to catch with direct contact.
    In the areas heavily affected the roads are closed down, food not getting in and farmers not sowing crops so food shortages expected next year.
    World media disseminating incorrect information so as to not create panic.

: Ebola is actually quite a hardy virus , can survive outside the body : on surfaces , on an infected person's skin (!!)

Can spread like cold : someone sneezes into their hand , touch an object with that hand thereby contaminating it ,

some minutes later you come along and touch the same object , touch your face , and presto.

You don't need to be 'handling' fluids and organs to become infected. It can stay alive on skin.

Wash hands , do not touch your face seems the most basic preventative measure .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Jericho (22-08-14)

if it was ebola, trust me, given how much money the pharma companies make off the HSE, that drug would be fast tracked onto the market, even if they havent done the long term trials.

but i was saying on another tread, ebola has been around since 1976. This vaccine should have been done ages ago. But it takes the western world to become alarmed before anything is done. It took a western journalist to be beheaded on camera to really catch the attention of the government, although obama did go for a game of golf afterwards. The western world is so cynical when it comes to what happens in impoverished poorer economies.
    Let's try and not turn this thread into a political debate.

This much bigger than any petty grudges .

what if someone sneezes on you?
    Not good x

Let's try and not turn this thread into a political debate.

This much bigger than any petty grudges .
    hey i started the thread, i can do whatever i want with it (joking)

Thing is why only the Western world at fault?
    Arab league quiet again
    europe and north america have seen peace in their own areas since WWII. the arabs bar saudi arabia are either in war or dont have the resources to do a full scale RandD research project into it.

I stand by my comments. Had ebola first broken out in new mexico or manchester, there would be a vaccine on the shelves.

Yes, they have kept quiet about that aspect.
    Ok. am away to see if ordinary soap kills ebola on surfaces ? be prepared?
    ER panic levels slightly heightened now.
    Ordinary bleach is sufficient to disinfect.

Anti-microbial disinfecting hand lotions , face mask and gloves when traveling in close public contact/transport (international?) x

I'm just watching the Dr Brantly press conference : one morning he woke up 'feeling under the weather'.

I ask : how many ppl still travel when 'feeling under the weather' ? They are contagious !

Subsequently he was diagnosed as having Ebola and was put in isolation.

When he was at death's door (said to his carers "I'm dying") , even phoned his wife in US to say good bye ,

he was given ZMapp and was evacuated to Atlanta within days.

Now he appears to have completely recovered , and 'poses no health risk to others' .

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephanie For This Useful Post:

Jericho (22-08-14)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast