Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conundrum (slove it)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Reviews

Default Conundrum (slove it)

OK all, head wrecker

A high school has a strange principal. On the first day, he has his students perform an odd opening day ceremony:

There are one thousand lockers and one thousand students in the school. The principal asks the first student to go to every locker and open it. Then he has the second student go to every second locker and close it. The third goes to every third locker and, if it is closed, he opens it, and if it is open, he closes it. The fourth student does this to every fourth locker, and so on. After the process is completed with the thousandth student, how many lockers are open?
    Last edited by Ray; 21-08-14 at 00:13.
    I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy

Luna just melts my heart, treat her well,

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    OK all, head wrecker

A high school has a strange principal. On the first day, he has his students perform an odd opening day ceremony:

There are one thousand lockers and one thousand students in the school. The principal asks the first student to go to every locker and open it. Then he has the second student go to every second locker and close it. The third goes to every third locker and, if it is closed, he opens it, and if it is open, he closes it. The fourth student does this to every fourth locker, and so on. After the process is completed with the thousandth student, how many lockers are open?
    Its too late for this kind of brain power drain!
    BTW you have about 5 mins left before the "edit post" option expires to fix the spelling mistake in the title....looks like you drained your own brain working it out before you posted

Blog Entries
    Reviews

lol, brain drain is right, cant edit title, fingers are working faster then the brain, the woman love it thanks for pointing out my error, me bad
    Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    Its too late for this kind of brain power drain!
    BTW you have about 5 mins left before the "edit post" option expires to fix the spelling mistake in the title....looks like you drained your own brain working it out before you posted
    I believe that sex is the most beautiful, natural, and wholesome thing that money can buy

Reviews

Well there is at least one open because no-one closed the first locker, other that that it's too late to care lol

Ah sure I'll say 1 so
    Last edited by NoBrain2; 21-08-14 at 00:24.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NoBrain2 For This Useful Post:

Ray (21-08-14)

Reviews

hmmm.......31?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

Ray (21-08-14)

Reviews

OK all, head wrecker

One.....next question Ray...
    Last edited by 69patrick69; 21-08-14 at 00:16. Reason: Fuck Off Ray

Blog Entries
    Reviews

or Answer???
    Quote Originally Posted by 69patrick69 View Post
    One.....next question Ray...

Reviews

OK all, head wrecker

This comes down to square numbers. There are 31 square numbers between 1 and 1000 so I'd say there are 31 lockers open.
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petros For This Useful Post:

NoBrain2 (21-08-14), Ray (21-08-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Petros View Post
    This comes down to square numbers. There are 31 square numbers between 1 and 1000 so I'd say there are 31 lockers open.
    You bastard...bet me to that by about 31 seconds!
    Petros "sloved" it before me!
    Last edited by xagerate; 21-08-14 at 00:25.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to xagerate For This Useful Post:

Petros (21-08-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by xagerate View Post
    You bastard...bet me to that by about 31 seconds!
    Petros "sloved" it before me!
    At first I came up with 1 LOL Then I saw the divisions and realised it was square numbers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast