Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Best Live Band

Default The Best Live Band

I was at Oasis in Belfast about a month ago and they were pretty good but Metallica in Marley during the Summer was the best so far..I would imagine Slipknot would be good and as I am a fan I would like to see them but they are not coming to Ireland on their tour so I might head over to Reading....SO which band is the best live?????The Prodigy maybe
    Last edited by poppy; 26-11-08 at 19:41.

i went to see duran duran a few years ago in london and their leading up act were the scissor sisters.. have to say both of them were good...
    roxette i saw in south africa, way back they weren't too bad either

Reviews

Personally, I have grown to dislike the really big arena type concerts, theres nothing worse than paying your cash and having to watch it on a giant TV!
    Even Radiohead at Malahide castle suffered from that (Top band though)

Now I prefer places like Vicar Street - only couple of hundred people and then you get the atmosphere

Best recent gig was the backroom at The Lantern, Navan
    Kila (amazing live), The Coronas, and my fave irish band - The Flaws

The Boss was also pretty special when he played the Point, on his seegar sessions tour
    So good, they released it on DVD and you can see me doing a guitar solo with him!

Other than that, Madness in Belfast are always good at xmas

Reviews

Now i have been to many a concert from every genre of music, i would never listen to the radio or music in general but I love going to concerts, now i wasn't going to post a reply but I'm man enough to face the backlash but the best concert I have ever been to (easily 50+) was The Spice Girls in Manchester, not for there looks nor those of the fans but for sheer entertainment value, great concert!!

(and before you say it, i didn't pay for anything, flights, 5 star hotel, VIP passes, my own suite at the concert so you can't slag me for buying the tickets nor for accepting them)
    Last edited by anon361; 26-11-08 at 20:42.

Default ;p

The Rolling Stones Slane 07!!! Fantastic!!!!!!

Reviews

I was at Meatloaf nearly 10 years ago and he sounded as good live. The last time Guns n Roses were at the RDS, I enjoyed that too back in 2006. They would be my favourite 2 concerts.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
    The Rolling Stones Slane 07!!! Fantastic!!!!!!
    Ha ha, amazing how different people view things so differently, i love the Stones but that concert was absolutely crap LOL Was with a big group and we all left early to have a laugh elsewhere!!

8. Default

Dio
    Scorpions
    Blackfoot

Hot Lizzy Guest

Default I don't believe you wrote or meant that - you sure

Quote Originally Posted by anon163 View Post
    Now i have been to many a concert from every genre of music, i would never listen to the radio or music in general but I love going to concerts, now i wasn't going to post a reply but I'm man enough to face the backlash but the best concert I have ever been to (easily 50+) was The Spice Girls in Manchester, not for there looks nor those of the fans but for sheer entertainment value, great concert!!

(and before you say it, i didn't pay for anything, flights, 5 star hotel, VIP passes, my own suite at the concert so you can't slag me for buying the tickets nor for accepting them)

Thats a joke right???????

Mine would be Dire Straights........saw them lots of times.......another great gig that i went to was Bruce Springsteen.......amazing........the sheer energy of the man and the talent too..... Been to so many concerts as i worked for CBS so there really are hundreds that i could say - Abba in their day was a great gig cos they were on our label too - Epic records.

You have U2 How come they are the biggest band in the world - or don't you like them.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lizzy View Post
    Thats a joke right???????

Mine would be Dire Straights........saw them lots of times.......another great gig that i went to was Bruce Springsteen.......amazing........the sheer energy of the man and the talent too..... Been to so many concerts as i worked for CBS so there really are hundreds that i could say - Abba in their day was a great gig cos they were on our label too - Epic records.

You have U2 How come they are the biggest band in the world - or don't you like them.
    I really really wish it was a joke

Saw U2 lots of times, dire staights, bruce, Wacko Jacko, Queen, Phil Collins, The Eagles but music aside I stand by my comments, for entertainment value or the drugs they were pumping thru the ventilation it was a brilliant concert

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast