Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GAA 2014 Football Championship.

Reviews

Default GAA 2014 Football Championship.

I am a little suprised that there is no thread here for this. Now that Dublin have their first real test on Sunday, we will see how they fare up. The only worry I can see this year for Dublin is that they will have to beat a tough Monaghan side, and then Donegal and escape without any big players getting injured. I would not bet on any other team this year of winning the championship.

Other mentions this year would have to go to Mayo, it seemed that they didnt come out of second year yet this year, got a feeling that they are holding back so far at least. Donegal looked great in ulster, and if any team can cause an upset its them, they will have to contain a rampant Dublin forward line for a full 70 though if they have any chance of causing an upset.

Reviews

Maybe there is not, but for the last few years in most of their games they had extra gears apart from the final, it was their worst performance by far of the year.

The Kerry midfield was shocking against Galway, and they seemed like a one man show, so Mayo should come through that one, to see them beating Dublin would be great, do not think that this is their year either.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bobten For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Donegal wont bate Dublin i dont think

5. Default

turned out not to besuch a tough monaghan team but think donegal will be tough

Reviews

It all depends on how Donegal set up, and if they can keep Dublin goals out for the game. Something similar will happen to Donegal if they go 4-5 points behind, if they can get into the last quarter in a tight game though, its somewhere Dublin have not been in a while, it will probably be their only chance. It will be "puke" football of the highest order.

Kerry-Mayo should be a great game, both open attacking teams, should be a great game for a neutral to watch. Mayo should shade it though if they manage to mark J'OD out of the game.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bobten For This Useful Post:

Reviews

wel al bet me new Massey Ferguson tractor that Dublin wil bate donegal and bate them wel to shore they wear very poor agin armagh

Reviews

Mayo vs Kerry on Sunday, really looking forward to this one. Unfortunately Sunday will be dismal, the weather will ensure that it is a slog, and you would expect the physially stronger team to win this one. Mayo to win by 3-4 points.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bobten For This Useful Post:

Reviews

Great game mayo did well to get back into the game after the player been sent off and to lead but Kerry are tough should be a good replay .
    Last edited by richieboy; 24-08-14 at 16:14.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to richieboy For This Useful Post:

bobten (24-08-14)

Reviews

It is a disgrace that the replay is in Limerick, no disrespect meant to Limerick, but this is a semi-final and it should be held in Croker. The GAA need to wake up, is the game for the people of Ireland, or just to get a few euro from an american match?
    Last edited by peregine; 24-08-14 at 20:42.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peregine For This Useful Post:

bobten (24-08-14)

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by peregine View Post
    It is a disgrace that the replay is in Limerick, no disrespect meant to Limerick, but this is a semi-final and it should be held in Croker. The GAA need to wake up, is the game for the people of Ireland, or just to get a few euro from an american match?
    Yep , 100% agree! Today was the game of the year so far, it shows massive disrespect to both teams, and I know for a fact Dublin would NEVER play a semi final outside Croker , ever.

That match was great , Kerry had it wrapped up at half time, but mayo showed what they have been holding back all year . Lucky goal for Kerry at the end, but as a neutral a draw was a fair result, really looking forward to next Saturday , I will go to the game if I can get a ticket

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast