Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: i値l Walk the Tightrope

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    904
    Reviews
    4

    Default i値l Walk the Tightrope

    i'll Walk The Tightrope That's Been Stretched For Me,
    And Though A Wrinkled Forehead, Perplexed Why,
    Will Accompany Me, I'll Delicately
    Step Along. For If I Stop To Sigh
    At The Earth-Propped Stride
    Of Others, I will Fall. I must Balance High
    WithOut a Parasol to Tide
    A Faltering Step, Without a Net Below,
    WithOut a Balance Stick To Guide


    poem by Margaret Danner

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,646

    Default Poetry

    Quote Originally Posted by roryman View Post
    i'll Walk The Tightrope That's Been Stretched For Me,
    And Though A Wrinkled Forehead, Perplexed Why,
    Will Accompany Me, I'll Delicately
    Step Along. For If I Stop To Sigh
    At The Earth-Propped Stride
    Of Others, I will Fall. I must Balance High
    WithOut a Parasol to Tide
    A Faltering Step, Without a Net Below,
    WithOut a Balance Stick To Guide


    poem by Margaret Danner
    Poetry.you know i made a promise to myself a good while back to read the first line and the last few lines of a poem first.Ever notice how many poems start off nice and serene,then become uplifting and then an awful drop into semi despair.For instance a poem could start with i see this beautiful sweetie picking flowers and she smiles at me,the middle could be alone the lines of yonder the hills we will build our love nest and then the end is alone the lines of then i boarded the bus loooking behind at the sweetie that i may never see again.Who are these bastards,who writes these things?Maybe noone knows because they killed themselves shortly after going to print.Heres my fav poem,actually its my poam and uplifting too with no goofy bits,

    I once knew a couple
    whose name was McKhan
    they gave birth to a boy
    a fine young man
    baptism day came
    at the church down the lane
    and the priest feckin fainted
    when he heard the babies name,
    Genghis McKhan.

    Putting pen to screen,
    Westside.
    Last edited by westside; 06-11-08 at 23:42. Reason: know

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daon Phoblacht Chorca
    Posts
    1,291
    Blog Entries
    6
    Reviews
    26

    Default

    SHY GUY....

    here i sit in front of my screen,
    dreaming of pastures a little more green.
    thinking of a life where i'm not quiet so shy,
    thinking of a world where time dosen't pass me by.

    it's a difficult life when you are shy,
    your nerves often flattering when you try to say hi,
    you try to think of something to say,
    you rack your brains but it seems to take all day.

    lack of confidence makes friends hard to make,
    let alone asking someone on a date!.
    your mind goes blank whe you see someone you like,
    your nerves play up & your stomach goes tight.

    but why do we always feel like this?
    beating ourselves up over opportunities missed.
    perhaps if we thought a little more positive,
    we might find that life has alot more to give.

    if we didn't overanalyse every little mistake,
    we might be more possitive in the decisions we make.
    "practice makes perfect" is a phrase most of us know,
    and practice also helps our confidence to grow.

    maybe we should just get ourselves out there,
    and not worry if we get an occasional scare.
    for life is full of challenges and new things to try,
    from a walk in the park to learing to fly.

    so instead of sitting here looking at my screen,
    dreaming of those pastures a little more green.
    perhaps i should get myself out there in those pastures new,
    and try to make those dreams come true........
    "Courtesy costs nothing, yet buys things that are priceless." - Respect for all Escorts at all times!...

    Captain Jack Sparrow - I make water wet

    Thank you Ladies for the good times x..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,556
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Hello West

    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    Poetry.you know i made a promise to myself a good while back to read the first line and the last few lines of a poem first.Ever notice how many poems start off nice and serene,then become uplifting and then an awful drop into semi despair.For instance a poem could start with i see this beautiful sweetie picking flowers and she smiles at me,the middle could be alone the lines of yonder the hills we will build our love nest and then the end is alone the lines of then i boarded the bus loooking behind at the sweetie that i may never see again.Who are these bastards,who writes these things?Maybe noone knows because they killed themselves shortly after going to print.Heres my fav poem,actually its my poam and uplifting too with no goofy bits,

    I once knew a couple
    whose name was McKhan
    they gave birth to a boy
    a fine young man
    baptism day came
    at the church down the lane
    and the priest feckin fainted
    when he heard the babies name,
    Genghis McKhan.

    Putting pen to screen,
    Westside.
    missing you terribly,
    Westside.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lovely but busy.....
    Posts
    1,071

    Default Warning

    When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple
    With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
    And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
    And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
    I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
    And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
    And run my stick along the public railings
    And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
    I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
    And pick the flowers in other peoples' gardens
    And learn to spit.

    You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
    And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
    Or only bread and pickle for a week
    And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

    But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
    And pay our rent and not swear in the street
    And set a good example for the children.
    We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

    But maybe I ought to practise a little now?
    So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
    When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.



    Already practising xxx

    T
    xxx

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daon Phoblacht Chorca
    Posts
    1,291
    Blog Entries
    6
    Reviews
    26

    Default

    DON'T QUIT......

    When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
    when the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
    when the funds are low and the debts are high,
    and you want to smile but you have to sigh,
    when care is pressing you down a bit - rest if you must,
    but don't you quit.

    Life is queer with its twists and turns.
    As everyone of us sometimes learns.
    And many a fellow turns about when he might have won had he stuck it out.
    Don't give up though the pace seems slow - you may succeed with another blow.

    Often the goal is nearer than it seems to a faint and faltering man;
    often the struggler has given up when he might have captured the victor's cup;
    and he learned too late when the night came down,
    how close he was to the golden crown.

    Success is failure turned inside out - the silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
    and when you never can tell how close you are,
    it may be near when it seems afar;
    so stick to the fight when you're hardest hit - it's when things seem worst,
    you must not quit.
    by Edgar A. Guest
    "Courtesy costs nothing, yet buys things that are priceless." - Respect for all Escorts at all times!...

    Captain Jack Sparrow - I make water wet

    Thank you Ladies for the good times x..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daon Phoblacht Chorca
    Posts
    1,291
    Blog Entries
    6
    Reviews
    26

    Default


    Have a great day
    Put a smile on your face
    Enjoy the good moments
    Everything will fall into place
    Just do good things
    And good things will come back to you
    Maintain an upbeat attitude
    To everything that you do......


    "Courtesy costs nothing, yet buys things that are priceless." - Respect for all Escorts at all times!...

    Captain Jack Sparrow - I make water wet

    Thank you Ladies for the good times x..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York City - Visit me in the USA!
    Posts
    1,894

    Thumbs down "Good Guy" Dilemna. The mother fucker wont cheat

    I got the hots for this 55 year old ugly guy. His feet have some kind of thing about them I dont like too. I noticed since he is barefoot. But I have the hots for him regardless. He's a sorta bad boy. He likes to fire people and eats by himself while I'm a social butterfly and charm everyone, I see him sneak off into corners and shadows, as the loner he is. He slipped me his mobile number and said noone else has it. When I told him not to fire someone 'cause it's christmas, he said ok. He is taking me to a fucking movie tomorrow night and I really want to slip my hand down his pants, but he says he is a good guy and wont cheat on his girlfriend. Bollix, thats so fucking stupid. He is an ugly bugger that I fancy. Can't he just go with it? He likes me and keeps saying "I'm so flattered" but why wont he just cheat?
    Ugh, Ugh, & Ugh

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York City - Visit me in the USA!
    Posts
    1,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DollyDarling View Post
    I got the hots for this 55 year old ugly guy. His feet have some kind of thing about them I dont like too. I noticed since he is barefoot. But I have the hots for him regardless. He's a sorta bad boy. He likes to fire people and eats by himself while I'm a social butterfly and charm everyone, I see him sneak off into corners and shadows, as the loner he is. He slipped me his mobile number and said noone else has it. When I told him not to fire someone 'cause it's christmas, he said ok. He is taking me to a fucking movie tomorrow night and I really want to slip my hand down his pants, but he says he is a good guy and wont cheat on his girlfriend. Bollix, thats so fucking stupid. He is an ugly bugger that I fancy. Can't he just go with it? He likes me and keeps saying "I'm so flattered" but why wont he just cheat?
    Ugh, Ugh, & Ugh
    LOLOLOL Oops u can tell Ive not been here awhile. I started a topic on your topic. SORRY!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •