Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: street collectors

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    limerick
    Posts
    3,241
    Reviews
    4

    Default street collectors

    What does everyone think of street collectors I give them nothing anymore when I was told by a friend last year that 3 guys working with a well known charity(Don't ask name!) over 3 days take a few hundred apiece out of the collection boxes, my friend works with these guys I have no reason to believe he himself takes money as hes an honest man. Anyway I sponsor a child in Africa instead fiver a week..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,313
    Reviews
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    What does everyone think of street collectors I give them nothing anymore when I was told by a friend last year that 3 guys working with a well known charity(Don't ask name!) over 3 days take a few hundred apiece out of the collection boxes, my friend works with these guys I have no reason to believe he himself takes money as hes an honest man. Anyway I sponsor a child in Africa instead fiver a week..
    Fair play X-P.
    The street collectors are noterious for skimming the buckets.
    i also have a subscription for a blind school. dd every month 12 euro.
    Have been donating for about 10 years now and recieve a news letter every 3-4 months.
    Not all the street collectors are thieves but there are a lot at it..
    better of buying cards or stuff from registered charities as its harder to steal from the collections.

  3. #3
    Hot Lizzy Guest

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    Fair play X-P.
    The street collectors are noterious for skimming the buckets.
    i also have a subscription for a blind school. dd every month 12 euro.
    Have been donating for about 10 years now and recieve a news letter every 3-4 months.
    Not all the street collectors are thieves but there are a lot at it..
    better of buying cards or stuff from registered charities as its harder to steal from the collections.
    I SAW YOU SELLING THE BIG ISSUE SO GUESS YOU ARE SKIMMING TO........

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    somewhere along bus route 46A
    Posts
    1,555
    Reviews
    4

    Default

    I dont give to street collectors myself , apart from when i see them collecting for temple street hospital . About 8yrs ago i was in rathmines when the cutest hottest babe from Concern stopped me , and after hearing about the work they do , i got her to post me out a direct debit form . The amount i give goes up every few yrs , started off with e tenner a month and now its at 21 a month . Once you give 21euro or more a month they can also claim back tax as well so they get around 400euro a yr . My donation each month gives me piece of mind , you know when your having dinner each night in front of the tv and one of THOSE ads comes on with the starving children with flies landing on them , at least i know i'm helping in some small way .
    I have no signature at the moment

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    288

    Question ooooooooohhhh

    Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    Fair play X-P.
    The street collectors are noterious for skimming the buckets.
    i also have a subscription for a blind school. dd every month 12 euro.
    Have been donating for about 10 years now and recieve a news letter every 3-4 months.
    Not all the street collectors are thieves but there are a lot at it..
    better of buying cards or stuff from registered charities as its harder to steal from the collections.

    ooooooohhh superb....... 12 euro/month you said??? and all the money you waste in alcohol, smoking and drugs and sex??? ah well, at least you gave 12 euros/month!!!! When you really do something or give something from within your heart you don't need to go around telling people cause you are at peace with yourself, that's my case!!!!!!! Go on join the new TS CLUB... maybe then you may give 24 euros/month

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    limerick
    Posts
    3,241
    Reviews
    4

    Default

    [QUOTE=Flypan;48139]ooooooohhh superb....... 12 euro/month you said??? and all the money you waste in alcohol, smoking and drugs and sex??? ah well, at least you gave 12 euros/month!!!! When you really do something or give something from within your heart you don't need to go around telling people cause you are at peace with yourself, that's my case!!!!!!! Go on join the new TS CLUB... maybe then you may give 24 euros/month [/QUOTE

    You have nothing at all positive to say for yourself no good at all You are depressing little bollocks Try changing your Medication.......

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,313
    Reviews
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lizzy View Post
    I SAW YOU SELLING THE BIG ISSUE SO GUESS YOU ARE SKIMMING TO........
    Quote Originally Posted by Flypan View Post
    ooooooohhh superb....... 12 euro/month you said??? and all the money you waste in alcohol, smoking and drugs and sex??? ah well, at least you gave 12 euros/month!!!! When you really do something or give something from within your heart you don't need to go around telling people cause you are at peace with yourself, that's my case!!!!!!! Go on join the new TS CLUB... maybe then you may give 24 euros/month

    Why do you both feel the need to hijack every single tread on this site.. get over yourselves.
    This is not a fly shit or slapper hilton tread its a serious subject..now fuck off back to your playpens...

  8. #8

    Default As for the poor.....!???????????

    Jesus Christ said, "As for the poor, they will always be with us...." Who is He? Well He is the reason behind Christmas, and...ehh Easter and.... today's date and ......well everything.

    Do not be moved by adverts, people on the street, etc. Black kids with flies on their faces and running noses and kwashiokor are all due to media. Are there such not in in Ireland, USA, Europe or anywhere else, only they are not advertised!? Media has contibuted toward bad things being associated with blacks, Thank God for appointing Obama the first such president for USA! How many more Obamas are repressed in offices!?

    So guys give as you will and as God directs you to!? If in doubt do not!! and do not boast about how you are giving! YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN KNOWS HOW YOU ARE GIVING IN SECRET AND HE WILL REWARD YOU OPENLY!!!

    BUT FIRST EVEN AS YOU GIVE, FORGIVE AND BE WITHOUT SIN! WE CANNOT BUY GOD OFF!! IT IS ONLY OF HIS MERCIES THAT WE ARE NOT CONSUMED!!

    MY PEOPLE SUFFER FOR LACK OF WISDOM (GET SOME FROM THE BIBLE!!)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Deep down in the E-I dungeon
    Posts
    11,634
    Reviews
    29

    Default

    I wouldn't give to street collectors as was said they could be doing a bit of skimming. I would rather give the donation direct to the charty. That way I know the money is put to good use.

  10. #10
    Hot Lizzy Guest

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by rimmerguy View Post
    I dont give to street collectors myself , apart from when i see them collecting for temple street hospital . About 8yrs ago i was in rathmines when the cutest hottest babe from Concern stopped me , and after hearing about the work they do , i got her to post me out a direct debit form . The amount i give goes up every few yrs , started off with e tenner a month and now its at 21 a month . Once you give 21euro or more a month they can also claim back tax as well so they get around 400euro a yr . My donation each month gives me piece of mind , you know when your having dinner each night in front of the tv and one of THOSE ads comes on with the starving children with flies landing on them , at least i know i'm helping in some small way .

    Its called a tax break.........hardly worth bothing for that small amount - those that give do so without having to say who - or how much..........very sad that you think that you feel the need to do so, very sad indeed.


    L.H. You should be ashamed really to boast just do it because you can not because you want a tax break.........thats shameful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •