Thread: Arsenal - why dont you buy some new players.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hot Lizzy Guest

Red face Arsenal - why dont you buy some new players.

[U]YOU NEED TO SPEND AND YOU KNOW IT COS SATURDAY IS THE GAME OF THE WEEKEND..............PERSONALL I CANNOT WAIT........MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN.[

ARSENAL FANS AND I DO KNOW IRELAND IS VERY DIVIDED BETWEEN THOSE TWO TEAMS........ WHAT THE HELL IS WENGER DOING - WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU GOING TO DO SHOULD YOUR ONE AND ONLY REAL TOP CLASS PLAYER GET INJURED - FABREGAS........ I SAY MAKE HIM THE CAPTAIN AND REMOVE THAT FROM GALLAS HE IS NOT IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS THE LIKES OF GERRARD - A GREAT LEADER OR TERRY.

I DARE NOT TO SPECULATE TO WHAT THE SCORE WILL BE BUT WHAT I DO KNOW AND I THOUGHT TERRIBLE WAS THAT THE GOONERS WERE BOOING THEIR TEAM LAST NIGHT - WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ALL ABOUT. NOT GOOD SPORTMANSHIP AND YOU EXPECT BETTER THAN THAN THAT - NO RESPECT OBVIOUSLY FOR THE ARSENAL PLAYERS THAT DID PLAY THEIR HEARTS OUT. UNFORTUNATELY THE SHOT BUT DID NOT SCORE -

YOU WILL NO DOUBT FINISH IN THE TOP FOUR, WHERE THOUGH IS ANOTHER QUESTION AND THE WAY MANCHESTER UNITED ARE PLAYING AND WITH A GAME IN HAND - WHO KNOWS, ALTHOUGH THE GOAL TALLY NOW IS MASSIVELY WEIGHTED IN CHELSEAS FAVOUR..........?

NONE OF THE TEAMS AS THEY SAY - DUNE GOOD - MINE DID THE WORST OF ALL AND I HOLD MY HANDS UP TO THAT........BUT I WOULDNT LIKE TO IMAGINE THE GOAL TALLY AT THE WEEKEND AS FRANKLY THE WAY THE GUNNERS HAVE BEEN PLAYING IS TERRIBLE 4 - 4 WITH TOTTENHAM........AND THE LIKES OF STOKE LAST WEEK (THANKS RORY) AND THEN THERE WAS HULL CITY -

IN MY HUMBLE OPINION WENGER SHOULD OF BOUGHT AT LEAST A MID FIELDER - HE WAS AFTER BARRY I REMEMBER THAT AND ANOTHER I CAN'T THINK OF - HE HAD THE DOSH TO DO SO WHY DIDNT HE? BRING IN THE OLD BOYS, NEVER A BETTER DEFENDER OF CAPTAIN THAN TONY ADAMS FOR THE GUNNERS, MAYBE YOU COULD BRING HIM OUT OF RETIREMENT?

THOUGHT THIS MORE INTERESTING THAN YOUR FAVOURITE OR PICK ON LIZ POLL COS THAT'S JUST BORING AND THIS GAME SATURDAY IS GOING TO BE ONE WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO NEED TO SIT BACK AND RELAX WITH A FEW MATES, A FEW CANS (COKE FOR ME) AND A NICE LARGE SCREEN PLASMA - OR GO DOWN THE PUB?

THE HOT ONE THAT LOVES THE TRUE BLUE BOYS, THEY DIDN'T GET BOOED.........
    Last edited by Hot Lizzy; 06-11-08 at 12:45.

Gallas certainly is not worthy of the captaincy. I personally would go as far as to think the man is mentally unstable. Fabregas although a quality player, does not have the leadership skills I think in order to be captain. They do need to strenghten their midfield and especially their defence also. They never replaced Patrick Viera and that remains to be a problem. Flamini was heading the right direction but they let him go. Who knows what will happen in January but I don't see them bringing in some big household names into the team. However they do need 2 or 3 more experienced players in the side to get stuck in the old fashioned way.

Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by davecork View Post
    Gallas certainly is not worthy of the captaincy. I personally would go as far as to think the man is mentally unstable. Fabregas although a quality player, does not have the leadership skills I think in order to be captain. They do need to strenghten their midfield and especially their defence also. They never replaced Patrick Viera and that remains to be a problem. Flamini was heading the right direction but they let him go. Who knows what will happen in January but I don't see them bringing in some big household names into the team. However they do need 2 or 3 more experienced players in the side to get stuck in the old fashioned way.
    You got it in one there Dave Arsenal simply lack leadership this clown Gallas is where this problem stems from, I saw him in 2 matches where Arsenal only drew had late goals scored against them Gallas simply crouched down in the centre circle after the match like a child that lost their dummy, hes also forever cribbing Van Persie needs 20 chances at goal to score one Arsenal take too much out of the ball try to walk it into the net though u gotta admit they are entertaining to watch though they'll win nothing this year.......

Hot Lizzy Guest

Thumbs up I agree whole heartedly up until they wont win anything - ladies will

Quote Originally Posted by experienced punter View Post
    You got it in one there Dave Arsenal simply lack leadership this clown Gallas is where this problem stems from, I saw him in 2 matches where Arsenal only drew had late goals scored against them Gallas simply crouched down in the centre circle after the match like a child that lost their dummy, hes also forever cribbing Van Persie needs 20 chances at goal to score one Arsenal take too much out of the ball try to walk it into the net though u gotta admit they are entertaining to watch though they'll win nothing this year.......

Yes they are or were entertaining to watch but they have lost their way a little but like they do say form is temporary - class is perminent and they are a class act.

The ladies Arsenal footie side though do win every year....... so there is one cup that can be polised........

You do have to love football, it sometimes really is better than sex. Bit like chocolate.

Hot Lizzy Guest

Thumbs up Who though would you suggest for Le Captain.......

Quote Originally Posted by davecork View Post

NOT being racist but like the French nation, they do blow hot and cold - they didn't push like i said for Gareth Barry the way that Man U did for Berbatov........still i dont respect him the way he wouldn't play for Tottenham as he wanted to leave - that was just disgraceful. So i ask you this Davecork who would you like to see as Le Captain of the premierships French team then.........guess they will go scouting for more of Le frogs or what......Patrick Viera was not replaceable as was Henry.......yes they do have lots of injuries to their players but so had chelsea and we went out and won two games on the trot scoring 10 goals in total........

I hear they do have the money to bring in players - you can't take it with you so they really should use it otherwise it really will mean that that wont finish in the top 4 slot - that day i thought i would never see. Admit grudgingly to say that their stadium is really the best its amazing and that really does stick in my throat to say that. Still not as cool as Wembley thats really amazing......wonderful escalators.......at the Bridge you could die climbing those stairs.

Take care and love what you wrote, you and Experienced P. xxx Lizzy

Reviews

Wenger will get it right eventually, it doesn't look like it this season unless he puts out a strong side for the fa cup. They'll go a long way in the champions league, you never know with that competition any of the 4 English teams, Barcelona, Madrid and Juventus could win it. Wenger needs to admit to himself the problems there and sort them out. A new captain for starters. Theres no leadership from Gallas. The Birmingham came summed him up last season. It should've been sorted out after then. There aren't many contenders to be captain. I would choose either Toure or Adebayor. But a defender or midfielder is better been captain. Fabregas is too young to be captain. He needs 2 players to sort out the problems, Gareth Barry and Shay Given. Two ready made leaders and experienced players. It's not going to happen though as he has too much faith in the squad and always making excuses. It doesn't bode well for the weekend with all the injuries and saying the players are fatigued.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537

Hot Lizzy Guest

Exclamation Why didn't he press for Barry?

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwayman View Post
    Wenger will get it right eventually, it doesn't look like it this season unless he puts out a strong side for the fa cup. They'll go a long way in the champions league, you never know with that competition any of the 4 English teams, Barcelona, Madrid and Juventus could win it. Wenger needs to admit to himself the problems there and sort them out. A new captain for starters. Theres no leadership from Gallas. The Birmingham came summed him up last season. It should've been sorted out after then. There aren't many contenders to be captain. I would choose either Toure or Adebayor. But a defender or midfielder is better been captain. Fabregas is too young to be captain. He needs 2 players to sort out the problems, Gareth Barry and Shay Given. Two ready made leaders and experienced players. It's not going to happen though as he has too much faith in the squad and always making excuses. It doesn't bode well for the weekend with all the injuries and saying the players are fatigued.
    I will be going for the London team but i do have to say that Adebayor just has to be the most gangly looking footie player i ever saw - still he does the job.

You think Given would leave Newcastle? The excuse of the players being fatigued doesn't cut it im afraid afterall the they played at the Emirates. They should of bought players as should Everton to.

Best of Luck anyway.....think ya gonna need it somehow, although there is a large element of luck especially depending on who the bastard in the black is.

Kisses xxx Lizzy

Reviews

The luck will probably go to United and it's them that's more likely to get a penalty. I like what Bendtner is saying today, he thinks Arsenal can still challenge for the title and win tomorrow. It's more of that attitude we need in the team. 20-1 for Arsenal to win the league now. I'm still not tempted to back them.
    Help Keyla in her fight with cancer. Every little helps.
    It could happen to any of us.
    https://gofund.me/8e340537