View Poll Results: Should Jeremy Clarkson have made this prostitute joke?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - It was only a joke for god sake!

26 78.79%
  • No - It was not funny and offensive

7 21.21%

Thread: Top Gear Prostitute Gag - What do you think?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default Top Gear Prostitute Gag - What do you think?

As many of you have probably already heard, following the recent Russell Brand / Jonathan Ross scandal, Jeremy Clarkson has sparked new BBC controversy by joking about murdering prostitutes.

Jeremy made a joke about lorry drivers killing sex workers on Sunday's Top Gear.

As he completed a lorry-driving task, he said: "This is a hard job and I'm not just saying that to win favour with lorry drivers, it's a hard job. Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Those complaining that this joke should not have aired include several prostituties organisations.

As a former prostitute myself, I'm not greatly offended. It was a joke, we make tasteless jokes sometimes, I don't want Jeremy's head on a stick over this, but what do you think?

Hot Lizzy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    As many of you have probably already heard, following the recent Russell Brand / Jonathan Ross scandal, Jeremy Clarkson has sparked new BBC controversy by joking about murdering prostitutes.

Jeremy made a joke about lorry drivers killing sex workers on Sunday's Top Gear.

As he completed a lorry-driving task, he said: "This is a hard job and I'm not just saying that to win favour with lorry drivers, it's a hard job. Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."

Those complaining that this joke should not have aired include several prostituties organisations.

As a former prostitute myself, I'm not greatly offended. It was a joke, we make tasteless jokes sometimes, I don't want Jeremy's head on a stick over this, but what do you think?
    He already made a public apology..........didn't upset anyone i know - why would it - the show won't stop because of that its not in the same class of insult that Ross and Brand made.......if it upset you it shouldn't it wasn't malicious it was a turn of phrase.

Love to know the organisations that complained - do you know?

The Hot One

Reviews

I heard that the prostitutes were well pissed off, being associated with lorry drivers gives the oldest profession a bad name.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lizzy View Post
    Love to know the organisations that complained - do you know?
    The English Collective of Prostitutes & The Iceni Project in Ipswich

Reviews

Its undertandable that this organisation complained considering the murders of several working girls several years ago in East Anglia so i wouldnt be too hard on them it was a tasteless joke though
    Drop One Keep One To Glory

Reviews

i was watching the show when he said it and i have to say in the context that it was said nobody could have thought that it was not ment as a joke. this is all just more crap because of what brand and ross started.i really hope it dosent start another round of P.C.ness where nobody on tv can say anything because of the complaints that will be sent in.

Reviews

It was fairly harmless and the intended targets were obviously the truck drivers not the prostitutes. I have to agree with others about it being political correctness gone mad!